its "ECU Flash", an open-source flashing software. I have mainly used it to deactivate DTC codes.
Anyway, PROBLEM FIXED!
Here is what I did.
1. I removed the entire fuel system from the engine bay, lines, filter, fuel rails, inejectors, regulator.
2. Cleaned all parts, blew air through all lines, blew compressed air backward through each injector while cycling it open/closed.
3. Reinstalled eveything, but I plumbed the fuel system differently. Instead of having the fuel pass through the regulator(Radium Engineering aftermarket regulator) , then through the rails, then dead-end at the number 1 injector, I now have the fuel feed going directly to driver rail, then over to passenger rail, then out of passenger rail and into the regulator and the return line connects to the regulator.
Two different ways to plumb the system. I have used the dead-end technique sucessfully in the past on some very high-horsepower cars(not subaru), never had a single issue.
So maybe I cleaned a blockage, or maybe its the new plumbing scheme. Either way, it is running smooth again. I guess I owe myself $25.
thanks for the help along the way.