Subaru WRX Forum banner

maf worries

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  yettibob10 
#1 · (Edited)
so my car is tellin me I,m runnin lean . I have a full xo2 race exaust ,header with integraded up pipe , bell mouth down pipe , 3 inch all the way back and no cats. Also have cobb ap v.2 set on stage 2 map runnin 93 oct + short ram intake . Car is not makeing any notisable problems besides the check engine light . I'm wondering if this is due to a fouled injector , to low of an oct. or my stock injectors and fuel pump.
Really could use some advice on possible reasons and even up graded injector types .:confused:

#2 ·
Hey man hows it going. Whats telling youthat your running lean? whats your EGT reading? (if you dont have a EGT guage I would get one) My guess is that your air/fuel guage is showing lean? if so is it threw out the whole RPM range or just idle to say 2500rpm's?

Also I would call COBB and ask them whatthey think.. Is this a tune by mail? or did you tune it? if you added anything after the tune it could be the issue.. You COULD check the injectors, pump and all but would be some work you know... I think it could be something simple..

Also pull the plugs and check them out.

#6 ·
COBB AP will cause it to run rich not lean on the OTS maps. They need to beef up the fuel injection to cover themselves so the car does not run lean. In doing so you could have a faulty injector or pump, that seems like the first place I'd look. I doubt its your intake, but if you want to try popping the stock box back in it may be worth a shot due to how quick it is to put that in. Do APs measure EGT? if they do get a reading on that, and also what CEL are you getting?

#9 ·
thanks every one

I apreciate all the replys and I,m gona get a EGT , also got cobbs intake they say its good with there tune . By the way it was my ECp0171 tellin me I,m runin lean. Aso my intake was dirty but I cleaned it. HAvent been able to drive it in a couple days ,she's on jacks gettin new rotters and pads ,Ho ever did the brakes last left some cross threaded screws for me and bolts snaped...... Lots of fun:cool:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.