M2 Uppipe - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 10-14-2002, 01:21 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

TitanWRX is an unknown
Thumbs down M2 Uppipe

I recently got the M2 uppipe installed and the dealer told me that the uppipe was not machined very well and said that they had to fabricate it and charge me more money. I got this part from Vivid racing a long time ago. About 6 months ago. The guy that worked there seemed a little anxious to get rid of this. Go figure. I am not satisfied with this outcome and would not recommend either the part or purchasing from vivid.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 10-14-2002, 04:03 PM
WRXtuners Member

araknyd is an unknown
Are you saying Vivid charged you extra money, or the installer? If Vivid charged extra to modify the part, did you not agree to this expense before buying?

Vivid no longer sells M2 uppipes, they now sell Vishnu, Zerosports, MRT (with and without flex section), PDE, and Perrin uppipes. I don't think it's fair to blame Vivid. Maybe M2 for making the part, and maybe yourself for not doing more research before parting with your money. Six months ago, the WRX aftermarket was in its infancy, and information (and parts) was very hard to come by.

I'm probably going to cut the cat out of my stock uppipe and weld in a $25 flex section. If that doesn't work out, I'll go with the TurboXS pipe, because it's cast instead of stainless, and accepts both the factory EGT and an aftermarket probe. Stainless uppipes are great if they have a flex section, but most do not.

'02 WRX (stock)
'97 Spyder GS-T (12.634 @ 108.52)
post #3 of 12 Old 10-14-2002, 07:34 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

TitanWRX is an unknown
yah. ## rite. but he did pressure me a lot into buying the m2 uppipe. as if he really wanted to get rid of it because no1 was buying it.
post #4 of 12 Old 10-22-2002, 06:22 PM
WRXtuners Member

god02 is an unknown
Stay away from the flex joint. It will fail over time gauranteed. Stick with a solid stainless or cast unit. Any leaks are usually from the install. We have installed over 50 uppipes with not one leak.

Dan
04 STi
post #5 of 12 Old 11-01-2002, 04:26 PM
WRXtuners Member

mr2guru is an unknown
I can vouch for the quality of M2's stuff. Do a search on the I-club and you will find it there also. It is usually top quality stuff. I would lay the blame on Vivid with this one, I wouldn't doubt if Vivid was told by M2 to keep the uppipe instead of shipping it back when Vivid found out it was defective. Then Vivid just resold it....Vivid's business practices have been shady before. You could do a search on that and find plenty of stuff
post #6 of 12 Old 11-05-2002, 11:05 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

TitanWRX is an unknown
i knew it. i got screwed by vivid. thats exactly why im not doing business with them anymore. gosh. thats really sad. i already have the uppipe installed and cannot take it out and send it back to vivid because taking it out alone costs me a fortune. vivid won't even replace the part and will probably blame me on this one. i guess im just screwed.
post #7 of 12 Old 11-07-2002, 02:47 PM
WRXtuners Member

hypnoticwrx is an unknown
mr2guru - I would have to agree with mr2guru on the quality of M2 products, they are usually second to none. I am running on of their uppipes on my WRX right now and have had no problem for almost a year now. Thank you.

Ivan

Hypnotic Performance

[email]Ivan@HypnoticPerformance.com[/email]
post #8 of 12 Old 12-10-2002, 07:09 PM
WRXtuners Member

Xspeedrj is an unknown
Question Uppipe leaking

Has anyone experienced exhaust leaks either with the engine cold or hot? I'm considering putting on a TurboX uppipe, but don't want to introduce seal problems.
post #9 of 12 Old 01-27-2003, 08:18 PM
WRXtuners Member

Xspeedrj is an unknown
Disregard, bought HKS instead.
post #10 of 12 Old 02-03-2003, 03:00 PM
WRXtuners Member

subaru mik is an unknown
"Stay away from the flex joint. It will fail over time gauranteed. "
My uppipe broke it has the flex joint. The PDE is much thicker and better quality.
As for leaks, yeah I have one and it sucks becaue not only is it getting my engine much hotter the turbo is not getting to its full boost.

`"\_need more hp_/''`
post #11 of 12 Old 02-07-2003, 12:58 AM
WRXtuners Member

TrboChgd is an unknown
has anyone found a quality up pipe that works well? i want to buy one and gruppe-s sells one for cheap- i was wondering if in this case, you get what u pay for?

"natural is nice but i'd rather be forced and blown"
post #12 of 12 Old 02-09-2003, 09:49 PM
WRXpert

Big Sky is known to be trustworthy and helpful Big Sky is known to be trustworthy and helpful
I bought a JDM catless uppipe from i-speed about six months ago. It's a used piece, but is jetcoated. Fit is like oe (ofcourse it says Subaru on it ), thus no leaks. It has all the heatshields still and price was right at $150.