Looking for New exhaust - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#16 Old 12-14-2008, 12:24 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
The up-pipe is pre-turbo so, it won't effect emissions in the least. Yeah, it's a safety issue. You can't really improve on the stock design there beyond removing the cat.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#17 Old 12-28-2008, 09:42 PM
Premium Member

boo-key bear is a helpful contributing member
Garage
i need a tbe.It doesnt matter to me how loud or quiet it is.What does matter to me is #1power gain, and#2 price.It seems to me sometimes you are paying for a brand name, correct me if i'm wrong.I dont care about emissions either.the car is a 06 wrx tr (non sti).any feedback would be appreciated.Please include some prices and power gains if you can.
#18 Old 12-28-2008, 10:40 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Well along with a TBE for the 06-07 model year it is HIGHLY recommended to get some type of EM, especially if you get a catless DP. Im sold 100% on the Cobb system, but is on the high end of things, roughly $1600 for the whole thing. Not loud, but very stock looking and great sounding at WOT. The one and only thing you truely need to be worried about or looking for is a DP with a bellmouth design.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#19 Old 12-29-2008, 07:16 AM
Premium Member

Garage
em? exhaust manifold right?sorry i'm a newbie not only to this site but the internet.yes i live under a rock.
#20 Old 12-29-2008, 11:26 AM
WRXtuners Member

DreamEvil is an unknown
EM = Simply A tune, Cobb has something called the access port you can run a stage 2 map on your car. Subaru's are very picky with mods you basically need a tune for everything to see the gains so if you have a exhaust and down pipe alone with out a tune you wont really see a large jump in power gain especially with just a exhaust, run the tune and all the req mods for the map you want to run and you will be very satisfied and see your car is much much faster. Cobb AP runs about 700 dollars or so, you can go a few other routes as well like open source.

Dream Evil
#21 Old 12-29-2008, 01:08 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
EM Engine Mangement. Check out that part of the forum, alot of great info there. Read and learn a bit about it and then decide from there.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#22 Old 12-29-2008, 04:26 PM
Premium Member

Garage
thanx!!! one more question.i know your gonna think i'm a cheap skate,but i just dont have alot of money.the nopi bell mouth dp is very affordable.why is it so cheap compared to all others?can it produce good power if used with the rest of the exhaust from another manufacturer and the em you spoke of?the price seems too good to be true.
#23 Old 12-29-2008, 05:08 PM
WRXtuners Member

DreamEvil is an unknown
Well part of the price diff's are caused by brand names, and also quality, I haven't really heard of that brand or any good/bad things about them but from what I understand a down pipe is a down pipe regardless of what brand you get as long as its a bell mouth your gunna get the same gains its just quality may vary you might spend only 100 dollars (random number) but it might not work so well a few years down the road, where as with the other more well known ones you spend alot more but quality is probably alot better.

Dream Evil
#24 Old 12-29-2008, 06:51 PM
Premium Member

Garage
you have never heard of NOPI a.k.a. number one parts incorporated?they had a show on the speed channel called NOPI tunervision?If not you should look them up NOPI.com Parts and Performance since 1966 they have a very wide variety of parts and brands.but anyway thanks for the info.
#25 Old 12-31-2008, 04:56 AM
WRXtuners Member

tuner ready is an unknown
Basically its quality. I chose to get the COBB downpipe because it is HIGH quality. If you want to go cheap, check out NASIOC. My brother just got a COBB downpipe for $200
#26 Old 01-01-2009, 05:24 PM
WRXtuners Member

Wasp642 is an unknown
A lot of controversy has been over the SRS exhaust on Ebay. It does have a nice deep rumble, not tinny or raspy like other suby exhausts. It is all 304 polished stainless and is high quality, thick flanges, and fits very well. I ordered this along with a Megan Racing catless bellmouth DP for around $450 shipped to my door. Very satisfied with it on the car, looks beautiful and sounds very cool, does not corrode like other cheap exhausts. I live in northern Ohio and salt is all over the exhaust, it just wipes right off with steel wool and goes right back to that polished shine it had on day 1. Very good buy for the price, and it gives that nice noticable turbo spooling sound that we all love

check out videos of it on youtube, search for wrx srs.

Heres a video with about the same setup on the exhaust as me:

YouTube - WRX SR*S turboback exhaust

-02 WRX Blouch 18G'd Juggernaut of Beastliness.