looking for a little insight(ex-dsmer) - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#16 Old 01-17-2005, 09:24 PM
WRXtuners Member

janes5150 is an unknown
well,maybe a flash would be better for me.im pretty good with a pc,but when it comes to my engine i get a little worried.well, think i have it set for now
helix catless uppipe
helix downpipe w/cat
for exhaust,maybe magna flow(i just love the way it sounds)
then a TT(probaly blitz so i ge the TT/boost pressure combo)
then maybe a short shifter.then when i get a little more $
do a turbo combo(fuel pump,injectors,vf34)
as far as EMS GOES,not sure still.could some one give me a link for doing both CEL fixes?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#17 Old 01-17-2005, 09:30 PM
WRXtuners Member

hondaeater is more helpful than not
the cobb ap IS a flash. It's plug and play. Plug it into the OBDII port, select your premade map (comes with ap), flash(takes a couple minutes), and you're done!
#18 Old 01-17-2005, 09:39 PM
WRXtuners Member

janes5150 is an unknown
oh,well that was easy.and this will take care of the CEL?
also,i still use the o2 sensor with the up/down pipes right?what about the egt?
sorry for all the questions buti just want to make the right choice on this car and not have a ton of issues
#19 Old 01-17-2005, 09:44 PM
WRXtuners Member

hondaeater is more helpful than not
cobb's stage 2 maps eliminate CEL's AND prevent the ECU from going into limp mode due to the sensors not being there.

Remove the EGT sensor when you change the uppipe. You can just unplug the sensor.

You can also remove the 02 sensor from the DP, again just unplug and remove.

Leave the 02 sensor in the manifold!
#20 Old 01-17-2005, 09:48 PM
WRXtuners Member

janes5150 is an unknown
when running the stage 2 map,what other mods would i need (ie,fuel)
i guess it matters on the down pipe i get for the issue of whether or not i use the second o2,right
givin the cost issue right after buying the wrx,the AP will have to wait a little while.so i would need to do teh CEL fixes for the time being.is there a link i can use that will explain both of them.
#21 Old 01-18-2005, 07:32 AM
WRXtuners Member

Cosmo is known to be trustworthy and helpful Cosmo is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via AIM to Cosmo
You don't need anything else for it.

Here is a list of Cobb's available maps and what they suggest you have to run each map:

http://www.cobbtuning.com/wrx/accessport/
#22 Old 01-18-2005, 11:15 AM
WRXtuners Member

RPFRIDE is an unknown
1)Living in cali may pos afew concerns with e.m. Gas thingy (cobb has maps for cali gas and probably utech).
2)Hondaeater is accurate in the above post's
3)This forum is alittle partial to utech E.M.
4)Read/search many forums b4 touching youre new car and spending youre hard earned $
5)If youre going to go into anything higher than 300whp, cobb will not work 4u,yet.
6)I have not realy contributed anything, but good luck with youre wrx
#23 Old 01-18-2005, 11:22 AM
WRXtuners Member

Cosmo is known to be trustworthy and helpful Cosmo is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via AIM to Cosmo
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondaeater
There is no way to 'set' the ap to cycle the code. It cycles itself out automatically, I think trey said somewhere around 5-6 cycles.
Ahh. The only time I talked to them about it was just before it came on the market. Things have obviously changed since then...
#24 Old 01-18-2005, 07:45 PM
WRXtuners Member

janes5150 is an unknown
6)I have not realy contributed anything, but good luck with youre wrx [/QUOTE]
yes you have,you backed up facts so there not one sided.
i have a pretty good idea of how im going to do this.the real issue is in the CEL
i still have yet to see/or find a link to doing the fix.maybe i just suck at searching.
regardless,the cobb AP will be put of for a while after i do the tbe,uppipe and TT.so im sure ill need to do the CEL fix for the time being.
this is hard for me to decide because im buying this car because i want a problem free vehicle.yes,i know that doing mods changes the way a vehicle reacts but i should be able to do the basics and not have to worrie that im hurtingthe motor.am i just aking toi much of the vehicle?
from what i have read(again)a catless up pipe,catted down pipe,cat back,k&n drop in should yield so good gains and not hurt the motor.then for the CEL fixes get a resistor for the EGT and the bung-thingy that spaced the rear o2 sensor out a little.this set up should yeild no CEL and good relaible power right?then,when i have the money,AP.then step up to a full injector,pump,vf22/vf34 set up.please fill free to fill in the blanks.this what i hope will work best for me.i really want awd but if i have to my next option is the srt4.mainly because of the factory support,also due to the fact i know the engine back ground.
the only other issue i have is the tranny.i have read that to tell if the condition is ok,is to try to put it 1st gear from a 10 mph roll.now,do i get it going,put it in nuetral,let the clutch out then reaply the clutch and try from there?i nervous becuase all the 02-03 wrx in my area are about 23-45k miles and i cant afford a pieceof crap

Last edited by janes5150; 01-19-2005 at 05:05 AM.
#25 Old 01-20-2005, 04:44 AM
WRXtuners Member

janes5150 is an unknown
ok,well never mind
#26 Old 01-20-2005, 11:34 PM
WRXtuners Member

dsms_break is an unknown
as u might be able to tell im also a ex-dsmer...just get the car first, drive it and get to know it then worry about mods.the wrx is a totally diff monster than a dsm...u will thank ## self later.i love the 4g63, but with every one i had came a long list of problems.i dont think u have to worry about buying a wrx with 35,000 miles on it, i couldnt say that for a dsm. good luck
#27 Old 01-21-2005, 06:42 AM
WRXtuners Member

janes5150 is an unknown
thanks.i really dont drive too far.the only time it will see a drive longer than 3 hours is maybe 2 times a year.i just would hate to get stranded on the grapvine.
#28 Old 01-26-2005, 02:07 AM
WRXtuners Member

janes5150 is an unknown
I WENT To the scoobydude.com web site and saw a full HELIX package(dp/up/TBE)for a pretty good price.plus i love the wayed it sounded.will this be a good start?i would also get the DP wit a cat so im guessing i would only need to do the CEL the egt?!
#29 Old 01-26-2005, 06:00 PM
Ian

Ian is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to Ian
Very good start, but I would go with the cat-less DP, IMO.
#30 Old 01-26-2005, 09:10 PM

IBAUCLAPlaya is known to be trustworthy and helpful IBAUCLAPlaya is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via AIM to IBAUCLAPlaya
Catless Helix downpipe is teh hotness. And you can't beat the price.