Subaru WRX Forum banner

Lets pretend..

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  GetUpInDer 
#1 ·
Alright here is the deal. If you had 10K dollars and already had full turbo back w/ up-pipe and accessport and boost controller, fmic, lowering springs and wheels and carbon fiber trunk and hood what would you get? The reason I want some opinions is because well i just happened to come across 10k and want to invest in my car, but I want to do it right.

#4 ·
If you want more power you should go with this - I believe the accessport has a base map for the VF34 turbo, so you could go with that (plus injectors, fuel pump, etc)
Could also go with a rear sway bar + endlinks if you want handling mods, or a nice set of coilovers
turbo timer?
new audio system?
short shifter + bushings?
There is a lot you can do with 10K.... Like donating to my "Get Chris out of debt fund"
!Thumbs Up

#5 ·
Unless you already have the car pro-tuned with the AP, or forgot to mention that you have the StreetTuner software for the AP then the ECU is not nearly optimized for your current setup.

Bigger turbo of your choice, I would go with a good quality 20G myself along with injectors and fuel pump.

Alcohol injection system so you can run heavy boost on pump gas day to day without having to switch to race gas.

Protune the AP, or get the StreetTuner software and have a profesional tune it on the dyno for you.

Take the left over money and invest it in something that will show gains. I never use the word "invest" when talking about spending money on my car. Throwing your cash down into a money pit is not an investment :)

Keith

#6 ·
i have all the goodies as mentioned from above minus the turbo, i keep looking at some engines and i see gruppe-s is selling some used ver 7 sti engines, but the cost of those are 3k and i know you have to put the turbo on plus injectors and fuel pump, how much do you suppose the cost of throwing one of those engines into a wrx would be? also i highly doubt those engines are compatible with the wrx tranny, but hey i could be wrong. It just seems to get any real work done you need about 30k to play with, perhaps i should just keep saving.

#7 ·
Fourdoor said:
Unless you already have the car pro-tuned with the AP, or forgot to mention that you have the StreetTuner software for the AP then the ECU is not nearly optimized for your current setup.

Bigger turbo of your choice, I would go with a good quality 20G myself along with injectors and fuel pump.

Alcohol injection system so you can run heavy boost on pump gas day to day without having to switch to race gas.

Protune the AP, or get the StreetTuner software and have a profesional tune it on the dyno for you.

Take the left over money and invest it in something that will show gains. I never use the word "invest" when talking about spending money on my car. Throwing your cash down into a money pit is not an investment :)

Keith

lol right you are about the 'investment' part, and yes my car is protuned.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.