Know its been done, but..my IC sprayer for 10$ - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 01-12-2011, 01:04 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

ShogunWRX is an unknown
Know its been done, but..my IC sprayer for 10$

functional and a lot easier and simpler install than ive found thus far... maybe im wrong, but thru my searching haven't found one that went *quite* the route i chose... many other DIY sprayers require auxiliary tanks and pumps... i didnt care to spend that money soo, this is the route i chose, and am very satisfied considering i get the same product from the cheapest expense.

i went with the "backyard patio mist" setup... found at my local ACE hardware. bought a roll of small diameter tubing, a pack of 'T" splitters, pack of petcocks (or shutoff valves w/e) and pack of .5" spray tips... all in all totaling roughly 10$

made a 4 port piece that i just taped into the 45' back of the scoop area, and routed the line between the seal and hood..

i routed this line to a shutoff valve, then to a T splitter... i spliced the factory windshield spray line and attached one end to the T splitter, and the other end to another shutoff valve then to the T splitter.

with this setup, i utilize the factory windshield fluid reservoir and pump, and only have to turn the shutoff valves to circulate the fluid... as for the wipers coming on just yank the fuse *edit... same damn fuse for the washer fluid pump... currently figuring a way to interrupt the power lead to the wiper motor through a switch in the engine bay* .. not much of a pain, considering summers in southern oregon are 90s-100s and id seldom use the windshield wipers... its a budget way to go and leaves more possibilities for adding sprayers. thought id share, since its so cheap!

Last edited by ShogunWRX; 01-12-2011 at 06:02 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-19-2011, 12:05 PM
WRXtuners Member

Johnnys WRX is an unknown
iv wanted to this for so long but the windshild wipers coming on is whats stoping me
post #3 of 3 Old 02-09-2011, 02:07 PM
WRXtuners Member

bad grocerygetter is a helpful contributing member
I did something very similar with mine i have a wagon also and I used the rear wiper pump. Just disconnected the rear wiper motor to keep it from going when I hit sprayer.(rear sprayer that is) mine works great. I just don't use it this time of year cause I have 18 inches of snow outside right now. ;-)