Subaru WRX Forum banner

just installed dp....white smoke?

2K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  Longshot 
#1 ·
just installed a invidia v3 catless dp today. cant complain i love it. makes my car have alot louder tone. quick question though. after drivin about 10 miles i stopped at the gas station and noticed white smoke coming out of my muffler. im assuming this is normal just some oil or something that was inside of the dp from the factory. is this normal? thanks for the help

#2 ·
It's common for a pipe like this to have a coating to prevent rust during storage & shipping. If it wasn't happening before I wouldn't worry too much unless it keeps on after a couple tanks of gas.

To be safe check your radiator level because white smoke usually indicates water in the combustion chamber.

#5 ·
got good news and potential bad news. good news- white smoke stopped. bad news last night driving on the highway just cruisin around 75 CEL pops on! any ideas what could be wrong? could it just be my comp is sensing too much air flow? thanks again for the help. kinda a newb

#9 ·
i agree also with the CEL fix....go to autozone or something first and have them pull the CEL code for you...i'd be willing to bet money it's a P0420. This is the O2 sensor behind your DP that now is sensing too much flow. happened to me and other subie friends after installing catless DP.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.