Just got an injen downpipe i have a few questions ..... - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 08-19-2010, 06:09 PM
WRXtuners Member

alexxxphilly is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to alexxxphilly
Just got an injen downpipe i have a few questions .....

hi guys i got an 02 bugeye. i just got an injen bellmouth downpipe from a friend and i wana intall it in my car so i have a few questions..

my car has axle back cobb exhaust and everything else plain stock.

can i just bolt on to the stock mid pipe? or the 3" dp will not match the mid pipe?

and finaly can i run the car normaly without an engine management or tune? (i know it recomended) but i honestly dont have the money for that yet... id love an accessport but dnt have 500$

just let me know and from experiences if you guys or anyone you know did this and was good to go....

thanks!

any advices will help !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 08-20-2010, 01:42 AM
WRXtuners Member

KCsubikid is an unknown
For the fitment-I believe stock piping is 2.5". So it won't just bolt up to it, but there are pieces you can buy to make it work.
As for a tune- the 02-03 models are fine to run a downpipe without a tune, however, a tune would be very beneficial, as it would help you get the most out of your downpipe.

-Jason-
Protuned 4EAT- Helix DP, Grimmspeed CC UP, Grimmspeed EBCS, SPT CBE
#3 Old 08-20-2010, 01:54 AM
WRXtuners Member

Boober909 is an unknown
Just get an adaptor piece so you can run the downpipe, or find a 3 inch midpipe somewhere, and don't worry about engine management until you can afford an accessport, there is no point tuning for just a downpipe when (i'm guessing) you are going to be modifying the car more down the road, also i would recommend taking your uppipe out and gutting the cat in it or else buying a catless uppipe at the same time, it helps increase spool and is safer to run, and you are already going to have the car up on jacks to do the downpipe. there are lots of DIY threads on gutting the stock uppipe just take a look around.
#4 Old 08-20-2010, 12:04 PM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
^^ Are you serious ? You will need a tune with the DP on.... Just don't drive it like you stole it until you get some EM or a tune.

I know 02-03 are a bit more forgiving than the newer models but still. Not worth the head/heartaches if something takes a dump.

Paul
2002 WRX Sold
2007 WRX Sold
2007 STi totaled
2007 Foz XT sold
2007 MS3
#5 Old 08-20-2010, 12:43 PM
WRXtuners Member

Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to
+1
I've seen them be very finicky about modding without being tuned. I wouldn't run that without a tune. After being installed, keep your foot out of it! you get some EM.

355 awhp fp green six speed wagon in Corvette Atomic Orange
-Brandon