Subaru WRX Forum banner

Invidia WRX STI V2

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  seanwrxwagon 
#1 ·
I have a 2003 WRX. I'm pretty new to WRX's, especially exhaust. I'm looking to get a downpipe. Will the Invidia WRX STI V2 bolt to stock midpipe or does it replace the midpipe? I'm looking to just replace to stock downpipe right now to keep to second cat. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Tim

#3 ·
If you decide you want to autoX with it. make sure you get the one with the CAT in it. otherwise you will wind up in a racing class that you won't want to be in.
And yes the down pipe replaces the stock mid pipe. so you go from a 2 piece to 1 piece.
And if god willing. everything should line up correctly with your cat-back

#5 ·
Perrin makes a DP that just replaces the stock DP while retaining the stock mid pipe. It is only available with a cat so you will still have two, one of which is a low flowing stock cat. That and the $350 price tag means it might not be right for you. I got an invidia v4 catted and divorced DP and I am happy with the performance and the reduced green house gases I am spewing compared to no cat.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.