Invidia V3 Downpipe - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 11-15-2005, 12:57 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

WRX_JUNKI is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to WRX_JUNKI
Invidia V3 Downpipe

I am planning to get an Invidia downpipe but was trying to figure out which one to get since the new V3 came out and there is like a $100 difference between the V2 and V3. If you guys know if the performance gain is a big difference in the 2 let me know.

Also, from what I've seen it looks like "Helix Uppipe" is the way to go. Not sure on exhaust though. Looking at the Greddy Evo2 catback and the Fujitsubo's and Tanabe. As long as I have the one cat in my exhaust, I won't fail my emissions right? I live in NY and I hear we are a bit strict on it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 11-15-2005, 08:52 AM
WRXtuners Member

WRXtreme is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to WRXtreme
Not sure what the difference is between the V2 & V3, but I would say with confidence that you will see minimal if any power differences between the two. I have the Helix uppipe and it is great, good quality, fit great, no leaks ever. As far as passing emissions, I don't know that the rules are in NY. It depends if its the tailpipe sniffer or OBDII scan, if it is the OBDII, then yes you will be able to pass with a CEL fix kit, which is what I have. I passed emissions with no cats.
post #3 of 12 Old 11-15-2005, 11:47 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

WRX_JUNKI is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRXtreme
Not sure what the difference is between the V2 & V3, but I would say with confidence that you will see minimal if any power differences between the two. I have the Helix uppipe and it is great, good quality, fit great, no leaks ever. As far as passing emissions, I don't know that the rules are in NY. It depends if its the tailpipe sniffer or OBDII scan, if it is the OBDII, then yes you will be able to pass with a CEL fix kit, which is what I have. I passed emissions with no cats.
Thanks, I believe we have OBDII so I guess I will pass with just one CAT or the CEL FIX. So just out of curious. If I temporarily take off the CEL light on my Accord then it will pass emissions?
post #4 of 12 Old 11-15-2005, 12:36 PM
WRXtuners Member

insanity500 is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to insanity500
What year is the accord? I know a lot of places that do ODBII scans on newer cars, but on older cars they use a treadmill or sniffer. I guess you would need to check that out at your local DMV

-Chris
post #5 of 12 Old 11-16-2005, 02:05 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

WRX_JUNKI is an unknown
So anyone with info on the 2 downpipes?
V2 is bellmouth and V3 is divorced something.
post #6 of 12 Old 11-16-2005, 03:28 AM
WRXtuners Member

Topik is an unknown
Is the V3 divorced wastegate or something?

There really shouldn't be huge power differences between them, perhaps 1 whp.
post #7 of 12 Old 11-16-2005, 07:06 AM
WRXtuners Member

gingertooth is an unknown
don't know the difference between the two but there could not be any power gain by getting a v3. i have a v2 and if you plan on keeping a cat in then you need to look at invidia or helix catted dp. but if your interested in buying my invidia v2 that has been on my car for maybe 3 months i would consider selling it to you. pm me if you are interested. i am considering putting a catted dp on soon.
post #8 of 12 Old 11-16-2005, 12:55 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

WRX_JUNKI is an unknown
Thanks guys, I've pretty much decided to get the Invidia V3 D/P once I am ready to buy it. The price difference of V2 and V3 is like $40 so I don't mind getting the slightly better one.
post #9 of 12 Old 11-16-2005, 02:21 PM
WRXtuners Member

wrxtacy19 is an unknown
The difference is the v3 has a divorced wastegate and the v2 is just a regular belmouth. Im from new york ive been running full catless exhaust on my car for 6 months and havent had any problems. I know people who have been catless for years and havent had a problem. Im in westchest county i dunno if there more strict in queens.
post #10 of 12 Old 11-16-2005, 03:05 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

WRX_JUNKI is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrxtacy19
The difference is the v3 has a divorced wastegate and the v2 is just a regular belmouth. Im from new york ive been running full catless exhaust on my car for 6 months and havent had any problems. I know people who have been catless for years and havent had a problem. Im in westchest county i dunno if there more strict in queens.
Yeah I heard you can pass emissions catless with the CEL fix.
post #11 of 12 Old 11-17-2005, 01:31 PM
WRXtuners Member

hondaeater is more helpful than not
the v3 is NOT a true divoriced WG. It's called a split bellmouth. Essentially there is a piece of metal that intrudes into the turbo from the DP flange to help seperate the WG gases. v3 is still a bellmouth. IMO, not worth it. Just get the regular bellmouth (or even a cheap BM like the helix will work just as well).
post #12 of 12 Old 11-17-2005, 01:42 PM
WRXtuners Member

wrxtacy19 is an unknown
yea in NY your car is hooked up to a computer and if there are no check engine lights you pass.