intake snorkus remover - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 29 Old 10-26-2005, 10:02 PM
Vew

Vew is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to Vew
Eventually, I plan to reach stage 4. I just want to reach it with a stock airbox so when I run into other less informed subi owners, they'll flip out that I'm hitting 300whp with a stock airbox. !Laugh!

Jon
"We live for a good time, not a long time."
RIP Colin McRae
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 29 Old 10-27-2005, 01:30 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

DEMENTED is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick4592
..and your turbo will boost a bit quicker
hahah yeah right
post #18 of 29 Old 10-27-2005, 01:31 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

DEMENTED is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBAUCLAPlaya
I like it. I still say if you wanna hear the turbo, buy a used Perrin intake on NASIOC for like $80. The intake sounds sweeter and the bypass valve is more audible than with just removing the snorkus. That is what I did, bought a K&N cone filter for the end of it am selling the Perrin stock one. I love it, wouldn't trade it for a thing.
what is "NASIOC"?

so i should probably just keep my stock intake on... since i dont really need a short ram intake, huh?
post #19 of 29 Old 10-27-2005, 01:38 PM
WRXtuners Member

genkidama20 is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to genkidama20
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEMENTED
what is "NASIOC"?

so i should probably just keep my stock intake on... since i dont really need a short ram intake, huh?
NASIOC - Not Another Stupid Impreza Owners Club

Yeah, keep the stocker ... if you want to look cool spray paint your box silver or blue or something. And throw a K&N Filter sticker on top (Come to think of it... only one person other than me has seen my engine bay... the dealership guy)

Xam - 2004 WRX - Cobb Stg II - Ugly Ricer Spoiler
post #20 of 29 Old 10-27-2005, 02:19 PM
WRXtuners Member

WRXforME is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to WRXforME
Yeah, I definatley wouldnt get an intake. The snorkelectomy will not give you any power whatsoever. It will just let you hear the intake and turbo slightly more. If you remove it, and thats it, then the scoop in the front of your engine bay will just be sitting in an open hole. I didnt like that when I did it, so I took the snorkus (if you want to see what it looks like look in my gallery) and I cut off almost all of it except the two parts that connect the scoop to the intake. This way from just looking in the engine bay, you cant tell I did the snorkelectomy, and you still get the intake sound.
post #21 of 29 Old 10-27-2005, 02:26 PM
WRXtuners Member

WRXforME is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to WRXforME
post #22 of 29 Old 10-27-2005, 03:18 PM

IBAUCLAPlaya is known to be trustworthy and helpful IBAUCLAPlaya is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via AIM to IBAUCLAPlaya
www.nasioc.com

Probably the largest Subaru community on the web, with great resources IF you know how to search. The classifieds are great there, as well as the motorsports. Other than that, I don't touch the site.
post #23 of 29 Old 10-28-2005, 01:22 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

DEMENTED is an unknown
good info...
post #24 of 29 Old 10-31-2005, 07:49 AM
WRXtuners Member

gingertooth is an unknown
i have the elbow in my car. taking it out this week. to see if there is any noticable difference. personally i think it's not worth the $40 unless you want the stock look. you will not gain any power just sound fom your turbo. If you decide to do it, you can pm me and i'll sell it to you $30
post #25 of 29 Old 10-31-2005, 08:48 AM
WRXpert

dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEMENTED
hahah yeah right
He is actually correct.If you add the elbow with say a turbo inlet you will definatly notice a decrease in spool time.Add in some i.c. hoses and you are looking at 200-300rpm quicker spool.Less restriction in the inlet tract will allow the compressor to spin easier.It doesn't have to work as hard to pull the air through the tract and push it into the intercooler.Same thing with some people seeing an increase in spool time with C.A.I.'S More tract (bends) the air has to go through (be pulled through) before it reaches the turbo.Same reason why FMIC's create more lag.More piping that has to be pressurized befor you start hitting positive pressure.Tmic=1 foot of piping FMIC=5-6 feet of piping.

Homebrewed tuned with Opensource!
post #26 of 29 Old 10-31-2005, 02:36 PM
WRXtuners Member

nick4592 is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to nick4592 Send a message via MSN to nick4592 Send a message via Yahoo to nick4592
Quote:
Originally Posted by dumdum
He is actually correct.If you add the elbow with say a turbo inlet you will definatly notice a decrease in spool time.Add in some i.c. hoses and you are looking at 200-300rpm quicker spool.Less restriction in the inlet tract will allow the compressor to spin easier.It doesn't have to work as hard to pull the air through the tract and push it into the intercooler.Same thing with some people seeing an increase in spool time with C.A.I.'S More tract (bends) the air has to go through (be pulled through) before it reaches the turbo.Same reason why FMIC's create more lag.More piping that has to be pressurized befor you start hitting positive pressure.Tmic=1 foot of piping FMIC=5-6 feet of piping.
True that YO!!!

"Life's a bowl of punch so go ahead and Spike it!" -311
post #27 of 29 Old 11-01-2005, 06:54 AM
WRXtuners Member

any one know where to get the best price for the intercooler hoses. perrin or samco?
post #28 of 29 Old 11-01-2005, 07:01 AM
WRXtuners Member

CanadianSub is an unknown
Send a message via MSN to CanadianSub
i did remove my silencer too

took me about 30 minutes yeah Canadian are slow i know

anyway you can here the turbo spool

and you well get about 100 whp more for sure but don't says it to no one they will not believe you
post #29 of 29 Old 11-08-2005, 06:36 PM
WRXtuners Member

I have put in and taking my gp moto elbow out several times and there is no difference in sound at all. i did feel like 1st sputtered a little bit too with the elbow installed. feels much smoother with the silencer back in too. i changed my filter to a perrin foam dropin and it changed the sound of the turbo more then the elbow did. plus do a catless dp and it will even sound better. not woirth $40 or the hassle of puttin it in.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement