Intake silencer mod??????? - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 01-02-2003, 12:14 AM
WRXtuners Member

latinWRX is an unknown
Question Intake silencer mod???????

I've been reading about this FREE mod, but what is it really and how do I do it? ALso, where is the stock intake located?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-02-2003, 03:38 PM
WRXtuners Member

hypnoticwrx is an unknown
Re: Intake silencer mod???????

Quote:
Originally posted by latinWRX
I've been reading about this FREE mod, but what is it really and how do I do it? ALso, where is the stock intake located?
It is on the passenger side, inside of the fender. It is very restrictive. I believe there is 2 bolts holding it is place. Maybe 3. The stock intake box is on the passenger side behind the light and you'll see the stock intake pipe going right off of it. Thank you.

Ivan
www.HypnoticPerformance.com

[email]Ivan@HypnoticPerformance.com[/email]
#3 Old 01-02-2003, 10:15 PM
WRXtuners Member

Xspeedrj is an unknown
check this thread out:

intake silencer mods
#4 Old 01-04-2003, 06:01 PM
WRXtuners Member

rsxkiller is an unknown
I removed my resonator chamber (intake silencer) a few months back. I found directions that said you had to jack up the car, and remove the passenger-side front wheel. Don't bother with that. Just remove the plastic screws that hold the thin plastic inner-fender in place (there are also a few under the front bumper), and pull it back toward the tire. No need to completely remove it, just pull it back. You'll be able to see the resonator chamber at this point. There are just two bolts that hold it on (one on top that's visible when the hood is open, and one near the bottom.) Remove the bolts, and slide it out. I love the results. The turbo seems to spool up a little faster, but best of all, you can hear everything going on under the hood. I can now hear the turbo, and blow off valve. Very cool.
#5 Old 01-04-2003, 06:37 PM
WRXpert

Big Sky is known to be trustworthy and helpful Big Sky is known to be trustworthy and helpful
There are several twists on this mod.

Remove silencer- leave everything else intact

Remove silencer- put velocity stack in airbox, cover hole where snorkle enters wheel well- quasi CAI

Remove silencer- put "elbow" in connecting snorkle and air box (Prova makes a carbon fiber one, but its expensive $200!)

Remove silencer, "hack" off resonator portion and put back in- sourcing air from the wheel well, as well as from the snorkle- this is the route I went (also threw in an ITG panel filter)

Big Sky