WRXtuners Member

WRXnewbie is an unknown
how do i delete them
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 10-23-2005, 05:47 PM
WRXtuners Member

nick4592 is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to nick4592 Send a message via MSN to nick4592 Send a message via Yahoo to nick4592
Don't do it yourself.

"Life's a bowl of punch so go ahead and Spike it!" -311
#33 Old 10-27-2005, 08:16 AM
WRXpert

dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRXnewbie
what do you mean sucking air from the wheel well and "to each their own"? your leaving the tube that connects into the engine compartment from the wheel well right?
This is what i did instead of leaving just a hole.It's a 4" turbo bellmouth that cost me $25 of ebay.At the begining of the opening it's 5" and tapers down.Alot of people on other forums are using a 3" velocity stack from Summit Racing.Also seen plastic ones at da PEPboys.I had to trim the bellmouth to fit the radius of the fender well and at the poening of the air box but it sounds great.Much better than the elbow because the elbow I.D. is 2.5" and is alonger air tract.Also adding the velicty stack works in tandum with the stock velocity stack infront of the MAF in the airbox.If anybody decides to try this you have to reset your ECU before driving the car.

Homebrewed tuned with Opensource!
#34 Old 10-27-2005, 09:00 AM
WRXtuners Member

iwantone is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to iwantone
how do you go about reseting your ecu? just take the negative battery terminal off for a couple seconds? or am i way off and you need to send it somewhere to send it in?
#35 Old 10-27-2005, 11:23 AM
Vew

Vew is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to Vew
First way you mentioned is resetting, but you probably need to wait more than a couple of seconds. Or just depress the brake. The 2nd is a reflash.

Jon
"We live for a good time, not a long time."
RIP Colin McRae
#36 Old 10-27-2005, 12:24 PM
WRXtuners Member

DEMENTED is an unknown
if you remove the elbow and leave the intake box open, wont it suck up more dirt? im guessin alot of debri and dirt might circulate near the fender and that hole might be a good entry point for the particles to be sucked up.. especially at WOT
#37 Old 10-27-2005, 04:17 PM
WRXpert

dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEMENTED
if you remove the elbow and leave the intake box open, wont it suck up more dirt? im guessin alot of debri and dirt might circulate near the fender and that hole might be a good entry point for the particles to be sucked up.. especially at WOT
I don't think the engine is going to create enough suction to do that! Plus thats what you have a filter for.You don't think the front air scoop would pick up just as much dirt?I don't think ther would be any difference.

Homebrewed tuned with Opensource!
#38 Old 10-28-2005, 12:19 AM
WRXtuners Member

DEMENTED is an unknown
good point.