Subaru WRX Forum banner

intake manifold gasket

10K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  REXronald 
#1 ·
if i remove the intake manifold, do i need to replace the gasket?

if so, where can i find a replacement, other than subaru dealer.... Is there any gasket between the tumbler/injector housings and intake manifold? do i need to replace that too if there is one?

#2 ·
REXronald said:
if i remove the intake manifold, do i need to replace the gasket?

if so, where can i find a replacement, other than subaru dealer.... Is there any gasket between the tumbler/injector housings and intake manifold? do i need to replace that too if there is one?
I would say how old is the car, the intake manifolds don't take as much abuse as the exhaust, so if they are in good condition I would reuse them.

Autozone/Napa would probably have them other than the dealership

#6 ·
Abaddon said:
As long as you don't break the gasket when you take off the manifold, you should not need to replace it. Just check it for cracks and stress once you get it off and if it looks good don't worry about it.
If you're going to take it off, then you should always replace it. No sense in not when the piece is very cheap and easily found. Especially considering the consequences if it does go bad. Just like a head gasket, if you knick it, why risk "seeing" if it'll be alright, when they are cheap compared to all the work you'd have to do again to get to it.

Blue

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.