Intake/BLow off valve. - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 02-08-2005, 05:35 PM
WRXtuners Member

absolutexk is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to absolutexk
Intake/BLow off valve.

Has anyone ever seen those aftermarket intakes where it has dual filters? its the one from HKS... the Twin filter intakes... does anyone know if those are good for the WRX?

and somewhere on one of the forums, someone said that the atmospheric BOVs causing rich conditions is a "myth"... now im confused ### this whole time i thought it was the real deal holyfield... if the "myth" is true, then does anyone have any suggestions on ### kind of hybrid BOVs are good for the wrx? I heard that the GFB Hybrid valve was pretty decent... the SSQV is too much money... and so is the stealth FX... are there any other suggestions on ### type of dual discharge bovs will be good?

Also... I removed the intake silencer off my car and did not replace it with an "intake silencer delete pipe" does it make a difference runnin the car without? the only thing i heard was that the air coming in may not be as cool... but im wondering if there are any other consequences from leavin out the intake silencer and feeding the intake from the fender... i've not had any engine problems thus far, its been about 5 days since i removed it and ive not had any check engine lights or anything... any suggestions?

o yea and one more thing... I want to do the tranny mount hardner... i heard this could be done with some sort of RV caulk or something? is it difficult to remove? or is it as easy as jacking the car up and just unscrewing it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 02-08-2005, 07:49 PM

IBAUCLAPlaya is known to be trustworthy and helpful IBAUCLAPlaya is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via AIM to IBAUCLAPlaya
WORX Tuning BOV is a nice piece.

And no about the silencer removal.