2K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  Chase 
#1 ·
04 wrx
b16g turbo
ebay big top mount
fuel pump
injectors
slotted/drilled rotors

wow, so much annoying work. tried takin out the fuel pump but the last screw im tryin to take out is rusted to crap, tried with the socket wrench but edges are now worn, and ther's limited space to use a channel lock, even eith the rear seat out. help!!!

intercooler pipe dont fit, gonna get another

turbo bolts and ridiculously rusted and cant reach the bottom ones

injectors didnt take them out yet

rotors are just gonna be last.

any suggestions, please share

#2 ·
turbo help

so i finally got all the screws out. i took out the coolant line and coolant dripped everywher from the turbo so i quickly put the line back on, should i just let it drain from the turbo or am i gonna have to drain it all? and same goes wit the oil line?

#3 ·
They was no problem swap the pump in my wagon, sedan are a PIA. Just don't break off the bolt, they are not very tough.
I just let the coolant drain out of the line, it holds a lot more than you think. don't forget to fill the rad aftre the install. The oil line shouldn't loose much. I would suggest an oil change after the install is complete.
Just wait to get to the GBD when doing the injectors. Make sure to lube the O rings or they can tear.
The rotors will require a couple of 10mm bolts to remove them, I would get 8 bolts.
If you don't have a base map don't start the car.
Have fun.

#4 ·
turbo is off and ya u were right a whole lot of coolant dropped out, i threw the oil pan down ther fast as i can. the screw on the pump is still ther, sprayed wd40 last night and now, still on ther so ima just grab a hammer and its comin off my way. its got 6 other screws to hold it, itll do. im just afraid of torchin it to loosin it loll.

good lookin oldfartracer

o and whats GBD

#8 ·
Check around with your local dealerships for the cleaning, I had mine cleaned and flow tested at a lexus dealer for $100. I heard stock fuel rails are a PITA, I've always had Perrin fuel rails, something you might want to consider. They make getting to your injectors a lot easier.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.