Subaru WRX Forum banner

Install $$

2K views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  nagyhead 
#1 ·
How Much Do You Think A Shop Will Charge For A Downpipe Uppipe Headers And Turbo Inlet install????????

#8 ·
My car is currently in the shop(I am in Iraq and want it done when I get home) having a deadbolt TD06 18G, FMIC, Injectors, Fuel Pump, CAI, BOV, EBCS, PPG gears(1-4) and a pro tune, the installation on that makes me sick to my stomach sort of........$3200

the up-pipe is fairly staright forward if you have some knowledge of using wrenches, the headers I disagree with as an early mod, and the turbo inlet is not too hard to do by yourself.

I would definitely suggest trying the UP and T inlet yourself, the headers are pretty labor intensive and not for one of little patience(well really, all piping is a PITA).I would be installing most of my parts my self if I did not redeploy back to the states at the beginning of the 09 race season and need my car then. Good luck.

#9 ·
TURBO INLET IS THE PROBLEM. ima deploy too. 3200 is too much for installs.if your overseas 3200 is regular ripoff price. in the startes too expensive. anyways install of the parts was flawless. big ups to TACHYON PERFORMANCE SHOP. IN KENTUCKY. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT. ask for chad and tell him juan sent you.

#16 ·
+1 for doing it yourself. of course time and location is a factor, but if you have a day or 2 and some hand tools you can do it all yourslef....the only labor i've ever paid for is alignments and mount and balance on tires....i even do brake bleeding by myself hahaah, a 2x4 works just as well as your buddys right leg.

#18 ·
Honestly I would suggest that you do it your self as well. The Down tube, Up-Pipe, and header are all pretty straight forward you really can't mess it up.. The hardest part of their install is removing and reinstalling the Up-Pipe. As for the inlet, depending on the type one doesn't always have to remove the inlet to install one.. Personally I was not real happy with the Perrin inlet. It was a little bit of a PITA to put it in, however it was doable with minor mechanical knowledge..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.