Subaru WRX Forum banner

injector upgrade for FP18g turbo

8K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  TruBluWRX 
#1 ·
hey everyone,
As some of u guys know from my last post i have upgraded from a VF39 to an FP 18G TD06 turbo.I am about to soon get my car tune and was wondering if i should get bigger injectors than my STI pinkies ( 550 cc ) ?Please would appreciate any advise on this as usual.
thanks.

#2 ·
yea you do have to upgrade your injectors.

people with sti's that have an 18g upgrade theirs.

i would go with a 650 or 700ish cc flow rate because they idle slightly better from what ive read unless you plan on getting bored with an 18g and upgrading later. but if you ask me you picked the perfect turbo for the 2.0 i wouldn't use any more than that for a street setup. good choice

#3 ·
thanks for that bro, i did alot of research bebore picking that turbo, also good bang for the buck.
Ok so i should be looking for something ard 650 to 700 cc injestors, but apart from good idle what esle would i be benefiting from?........ performance wise ? also what brand injectors should i go with out there?
thanks .

#6 ·
#10 ·
All depends on the tuner. I talked with vroompa from apollo performance out here in so cal, and hes got a 20g with RC 650cc's.Hes @ 21psi and his injectors are @ 80% duty cycle. So it all depends on the tuner. Check with the tuner, the better the tunner, the less fuel he'll need. Oh and HB Speed tuned his ride.!Thumbs Up!

#13 ·
I'm running 750cc deatchwerks injectors with my FP EvoIII16g. Not sure if this is any help but I got an E85 tune and I was at 85% IDC. Of course, running E85 takes approximately 30% more fuel, so that size should be more than enough for you (assuming you're just tuning for regular fuel).

#15 ·
650's would work perfect, 750's are even better because they allow for a little upgrading if you decide to do so. Scaled down they can be tuned the same. I run a 20g with 800cc injectors and my car runs amazing.

As everyone else said, its all on the tuner.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.