Subaru WRX Forum banner

Identify this Turbo

7K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  turmic 
#1 ·
It has no labeling except for numbers. The turbine has HAFE 8 and the compressor has what looks like 18381 set in the castings. Stamped on the waste gate is 78-17720 & T12271 & 5330. I'm told it is a TD05H-18G. I contacted Blouche but got no reply. I don't want to use it until certain what it is. Thanks.

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
I asked lots... the seller is credible and the claim is it is a TD05H-18G from Blouche. I saw enough documentation to buy it however as you know tuning for the wrong turbo won't work like tuning for the one you have installed. My goal in posting this request was to find some one who knows enough to confirm what I have before I start working with it. I've seen this done on forums before.

#10 ·
Only way to confirm it is to measure the inducer and exducer of both wheels. Since most custom turbo places make their own housings sometimes they are not always stamped. Does look to be a newer type Blouch compressor cover. Not sure about the turbine. Usually there is a number stamped in the turbine inlet or cats on the outside that dictates the nozzle area size (7cm>2 or 8cm>2) for TD05H's.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.