Identify this Turbo - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 09-09-2009, 03:34 PM
WRXtuners Member

Wrecks is an unknown
Identify this Turbo

It has no labeling except for numbers. The turbine has HAFE 8 and the compressor has what looks like 18381 set in the castings. Stamped on the waste gate is 78-17720 & T12271 & 5330. I'm told it is a TD05H-18G. I contacted Blouche but got no reply. I don't want to use it until certain what it is. Thanks.
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 09-09-2009, 06:37 PM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
Mind if I ask how you got it?

John
07 WRX (Albins 5MT + Blouch 20G)
Jorge Carrillo Tuned (365 whp/340 wtq)
#3 Old 09-09-2009, 07:40 PM
WRXtuners Member

nik97 is an unknown
kinda looks ebayish.

Nick. '90 Taurus SHO. Forged, Turbocharged, intercooled, meth, ~430whp. 12.93 @ 116 - FWD FTL.
#4 Old 09-09-2009, 09:46 PM
WRXtuners Member

04paulieWRX is an unknown
it looks pretty new.. a good tuner would be able to tell what it i or write a good map for it regardless
#5 Old 09-09-2009, 10:09 PM
WRXtuners Member

Wrecks is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by man show View Post
Mind if I ask how you got it?
Bought it locally from a guy who bought it for his wrx from Flat Irons in Boulder. Apparently things did not go well with his engine rebuild aand he parted out the remains.
#6 Old 09-10-2009, 09:55 AM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
Hmm... and he didn't tell you what kind of turbo it was and you didn't ask? That's odd.

John
#7 Old 09-10-2009, 12:39 PM
WRXtuners Member

Wrecks is an unknown
I asked lots... the seller is credible and the claim is it is a TD05H-18G from Blouche. I saw enough documentation to buy it however as you know tuning for the wrong turbo won't work like tuning for the one you have installed. My goal in posting this request was to find some one who knows enough to confirm what I have before I start working with it. I've seen this done on forums before.
#8 Old 09-10-2009, 02:52 PM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Looks like an 18g, but the inlet is small... maybe a 7..... dunno. Take it back to the place in boulder and get some specs for it.

edit... hell, yur in Canada.... well......

Paul
2007 XT
2007 MS3
#9 Old 09-10-2009, 11:48 PM
WRXtuners Member

Okie dokie.. sorry, didn't mean to give you a hard time. I was just curious because things didn't seem to add up and I felt confused. Hope you figure everything out

John
#10 Old 09-11-2009, 07:34 PM
WRXpert

dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrecks View Post
I asked lots... the seller is credible and the claim is it is a TD05H-18G from Blouche. I saw enough documentation to buy it however as you know tuning for the wrong turbo won't work like tuning for the one you have installed. My goal in posting this request was to find some one who knows enough to confirm what I have before I start working with it. I've seen this done on forums before.
Only way to confirm it is to measure the inducer and exducer of both wheels. Since most custom turbo places make their own housings sometimes they are not always stamped. Does look to be a newer type Blouch compressor cover. Not sure about the turbine. Usually there is a number stamped in the turbine inlet or cats on the outside that dictates the nozzle area size (7cm>2 or 8cm>2) for TD05H's.

Homebrewed tuned with Opensource!
#11 Old 09-12-2009, 03:00 PM
WRXtuners Member

Wrecks is an unknown
Thanks! Your handle is a misnomer dumdum.
#12 Old 09-13-2009, 01:48 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
He just likes lolipops... j/k'n He's our WRXpert