I need downpipe/crossover pipe help!!! - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 03-03-2010, 03:09 PM
WRXtuners Member

GreenGolfBal is an unknown
I need downpipe/crossover pipe help!!!

So, my roommate has an 02 WRX and he threw a late o2 sensor code because the car has no cat and needs a relay to fool the computer that there is an o2 sensor. Well, that rig, which we didn't do, isn't working anymore. So, we took the car to a good friend of ours that knows whats up with cars and he said the wastegate is sealed off, and the crossover pipe is cracked. We just want to get the car to run reliably on a daily basis. So he recommended to get a new downpipe with a cat, a new crossover pipe, and a downstream o2 sensor. Downpipe I understand, o2 I understand, what is this crossover pipe? What kind of setups are you guys running?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 03-03-2010, 05:26 PM
WRXtuners Member

RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful
If you're talking crosspipe, that connects the exhaust manifilds (sometimes called headers) together. If you would have come on two weeks ago I had two sitting in my garage, but I trashed them.

Also, the wastegate is sealed off? What do you mean by that... That's really not good.

-Chris
#3 Old 03-04-2010, 08:54 AM
WRXtuners Member

GreenGolfBal is an unknown
I've found some crosspipes online, but they have a mesh middle section so they can flex, making installation easier, but i've heard it makes the car sound like crap. I may just have a friend of mine make one.

Yeah, my buddy said the wastegate was blocked off. I know its not good. Not sure how its blocked off, but I'd like to get it fixed. I figured a new downpipe would solve that right?
#4 Old 03-04-2010, 09:13 AM
WRXtuners Member

RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful
From the factory they come with a flex section. I have one on my grimmspeed crosspipe and it sounds just fine. If the wastegate flap somehow being stopped by a piece from a downpipe, then yeah a new one or modification to the existing one will fix it. If it's the stock dp, that shouldn't be the problem.

-Chris