1- WR intake
2- Cobb catless Up and Down pipe
3- cobb light weight cranck pully
4- Borla Catback exhaust system

and now i am iffy to get an STI TMIC - found it in a good cheap price-
because i am planning to get the SR55 Turbo + injectors

then when install every thing here i`ll make a computer tuning

I dont want to blow my engine ,, thats why i am worried

to be honest with you guyz, the reason i want to get this turbo is to race my friend who is running 800 HP on his Cobra :eek: and he always says a bad thing about the WRX

thats why i am planning to this mods to put him in a big trouble

and my question is any advice ?

shall I go for the STI TMIC or get a FMIC ?

thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 Old 02-23-2008, 10:53 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Well with that turbo if I recall, you will probably need a FMIC, but you will also need injectors, fuel pump, and a new transmission if you plan on trying to race a cobra in a straightline. And you will also need the tune almost immediately so that you wont hurt the car either.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
post #3 of 29 Old 02-23-2008, 11:23 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Q8-TR is an unknown
thnx

when I install th STI TMIC and the turbo with injector and fuel pump
then i believe that I have take my car immidiatly to a tuning shop for the computer tunning will be safe ?

i that what you saying ?

or i can install a FMIC + the SR55 + injector + fuel pump then the C/T ?

please let me know, because i have to decide monday

however i am not looking for chaging my transmission, because i know it will be expensive
post #4 of 29 Old 02-24-2008, 12:41 AM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
If you get in contact with whomever is going to tune the car they should be able to give you a "safe/limp" map that can get you to the shop. Or I have heard of some people driving there but extremely slow and staying out of boost. Or you could get the car towed/trailered there.

Actually I have been trying to find that turbo again. Are you ordering from somewhere or getting it from someone? Thats a rather capable turbo if I remember, what about your internals? How much do you plan on going for power wise?

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
post #5 of 29 Old 02-24-2008, 09:36 AM
WRXpert

dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention
You need to spend ALOT more time researching and I hope you guys will be doing this at the track.The STi intercooler is WAY to small for that turbo and I didn't see anything mention about a downpipe.You will need a full 3" TBE to run that turbo.Also your engine is WAY to small for that turbo.Lag city and the car will not be fun as a dailly driver.There will always be a faster car so if your basing your build plans on just trying to beat 1 car rather than making a fun car to drive you will be sadly disapointed in the end.

Homebrewed tuned with Opensource!
post #6 of 29 Old 02-24-2008, 12:12 PM
WRXpert

nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to
even with that turbo you not beating a 800 HP mustang

Dom Tuned 2003 WRX Wagon
251.3 WHP
235.8 WTQ

If it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing
post #7 of 29 Old 02-24-2008, 02:18 PM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
You could use my methodology on racing cars that are faster than you, at the start of the race just swerve at him and he'll hit the brakes, you win that simple...

Resident Grumpy Old Man(Keith)
03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
post #8 of 29 Old 02-24-2008, 04:02 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Q8-TR is an unknown
How About getting the SR55 + FMIC + injectors + fuel pump + computer tuning + cam shaft ?

will this be worth it ?
post #9 of 29 Old 02-24-2008, 09:12 PM
WRXpert

dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention
No.....

post #10 of 29 Old 02-24-2008, 10:20 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Q8-TR is an unknown
dumdum if you are in my sittuation ,, what would you do ?
post #11 of 29 Old 02-24-2008, 10:35 PM

What is it you are trying to do exactly? Is it that you want to make more power than him or beat him a 1/4 mile run? Cause if its power, not going to happen and keep the car daily driven. Let alone the budget you would need to even build something like that.

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
post #12 of 29 Old 02-24-2008, 10:41 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Q8-TR is an unknown
[QUOTE=newtothegame;187014]What is it you are trying to do exactly? Is it that you want to make more power than him QUOTE]

at least more power inorder to show him that the wrx got power ...

at the same time i wanna go really fast and drive my car daily
post #13 of 29 Old 02-24-2008, 11:02 PM

As long as the speed is kept to a track then thats fine. But depending on how much power you want out of the car, you will need a nice chunk of change to do it. You will need to consider an engine swap and build up, or at least a built up 2.0 and a transmission also. Add to that the turbo, IC, and all the supporting mods that go along with that and getting it tuned put together and the time to do it. Do you have a goal as far as power goes for your car i.e. 350 AWHP?

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
post #14 of 29 Old 02-25-2008, 08:50 AM
WRXpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q8-TR View Post
dumdum if you are in my sittuation ,, what would you do ?
Seriusly,how old are you?I don't mean this in a bad way but you obviously have no real expiernce with cars.You can't just slap on a bunch of parts and everything works out.That car will be lame as a daily driver.You will need a tranny upgrade along with a better clutch.That right there is around 3K+.I you did slam that turbo on their you will need alot more upgrades to support it than what you think.If I was you I would aim for a more realistic and rewarding goal.Go back and read my first post....

post #15 of 29 Old 02-25-2008, 11:10 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Q8-TR is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by dumdum View Post
Seriusly,how old are you?I don't mean this in a bad way but you obviously have no real expiernce with cars.You can't just slap on a bunch of parts and everything works out.That car will be lame as a daily driver.You will need a tranny upgrade along with a better clutch.That right there is around 3K+.I you did slam that turbo on their you will need alot more upgrades to support it than what you think.If I was you I would aim for a more realistic and rewarding goal.Go back and read my first post....
i`ve been to the first post, and i get you point,

what you recommand ,, which turbo and which I\C ?

i am new in this game, and thats all what I need to know ,,,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement