Heres what they are;

Forced Performance TD05H 18g 7cm2 Turbocharger
Ultimate Racing 680cc injectors
Walbro 255 fuel pump
SSAutoChrome FMIC

See less See more
#31 ·
Oh... My... Freaking.... God....

I am so extremely happy at this moment. I saved $391 today.

Heres another story:
Kenny came over and we started the tear down of my engine again to get to the injectors. We finally got to them. I started removing the electrical tape from the new clips we had to splice in for the ## 680cc injectors. While Im removing the tape Cylinder #4's clip. A black wire pops out at me. I was like WTF.... The black wire belongs to the ## clip. It was supposed to be connected to the colored wire coming from the harness. Kenny and me couldnt believe it. When we were splicing them all together, we used the blue splicers (medium size, red were too small and yellow too big), but, we ran out of blue so we had to go with a yellow. We pull tested it the first time, I remember. But, somehow, the wire worked its way out. So all this time Im trying to figure out whats causing a cylinder 4 misfire, the injector wasnt connected properly. Best news Ive ever found in awhile. I had to decide whether to stay with the ## injectors, or put in the newly purchased DW 650's. Well, I stayed with the ## 680cc's. Buttoned everything back up and presto, everything is working fine.

I took it for a ride around the block and she ran beautifully, except for when I gave it a little bit of boost and blew off one of my IC hoses and the car died. lol. My brother was sitting in my engine bay holding the two hoses together while I slowly made the way back to his garage. So, now I can return the DW injectors and get my money back. Only thing that sucks is I missed my Tuesday tune and next appointment is next Wednesday at 5pm. Thats my new tune date, I have to baby my car until then.

:D:D:D:D

#36 ·
Thanks guys... Yeah it sucks waiting for a tune. I have to baby my car for a week. Ive never done 65 on the highway.... Weird when people pass me on the left.

I realized something else on the way back home. I brought the car into boost and right around 7psi it felt like I hit fuel cut. Car didnt have any go in it. I brought it to a friends and he asked if I put all my turbo vacuum lines back correctly. I know I put them back correctly, but, I forgot that I changed my lines. The stock line from the compressor housing to the T and to the wastegate was too short. I had to use some extra vacuum tubing I had laying around (looked like the same ID). I totally forgot about the restrictor pill that is inside one of those vacuum lines. Now I cant find that line. Looks like Im off to Subaru tomorrow to order some new lines/pill.

I also threw a CEL on the way to lunch. P0172. Fuel Trim Malfunction - Running too rich. I think its in conjunction with the restrictor pill/wrong lines.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.