I/C sprayer? Worth it? - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 06-06-2013, 12:13 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Vtec-lol is an unknown
I/C sprayer? Worth it?

Im a new wrx owner and my 03' is bone stock. In the next few weeks i'll be adding turbo back exhaust, Cobb AP, already have K&N drop in filter. But my question is are the custom I/C sprayers worth it? Ive read the how to articles and articles on other wrx owners making them, however no one ever says anything about the end result. So those of you who know are these worth the trouble or not? Personally i really dont see how it could be that much of a "power" boost?!?! What do you all think, thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 06-06-2013, 02:47 PM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
They're more trouble than they're worth. You'd benefit more from an air splitter in the scoop and/or a larger scoop.

John
07 WRX
post #3 of 4 Old 06-06-2013, 03:32 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Vtec-lol is an unknown
Thanks man, thats what I was figuring. Im getting ready to do a few mods and I dont like wasting my time or money. Any heads up on scoops/ splitters and brands. Ive been tryn to search for best bang for buck mods. So far ive locked turbo back exhaust and im ordering cobb ap.
post #4 of 4 Old 06-06-2013, 04:08 PM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
I thinks it makes a nice difference based off boost temps (I saw a significant drop in temps faster than without back in 2008 on my 2007WRX). Those 2 are probably your best bang for buck (AP and downpipe), but a NX Express IC chiller is a nice addition as well (make sure you do your research for this as it's no joke for launching). Roll runs (once moving) are a different thing....

edit: just noticed where you are.... what's your elevation? 0?

Here's my old idea.... yeah.... well... didn't end up well:

Dry Ice on the Intercooler? Would this really work?

and then:

There she blowwwwwwwwws

Take it with a grain ..... Did a NX Express with my 07STi... didn't like the pull (it was way too hard of a hit for ME).... Had it on for a few months and then sold the kit..

Paul
2002 WRX Sold
2007 WRX Sold
2007 STi totaled
2007 Foz XT sold
2007 MS3