How can i make my engine run cooler? - Page 3 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 34 Old 03-01-2007, 07:38 PM
WRXtuners Member

Displaced is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03'WRXDriva View Post
Im more worried on the fact that you couldnt lose a jeep???
Dont be so quick to assume there wouldnt be any contest....

I like to play in all the areanas, and aside from my WRX, I've been building a street/strip 5.0 Mustang thats waiting on boost, as well as a 4.0 straight six Jeep Cherokee.

Although my Jeep isnt much Jeep anymore, bone-stock they're no slouch. I'm not sure which model was chasing ol' boy around, but lets just pretend it was a Cherokee similar to mine.

195 horse from the factory, 235 lb/ft. Stout 5 speed with decent ratios, and figure no more, if less even, parasitic drivetrain loss than the WRX due to only having one driving axle to turn while on the pavement. And they only weight from 2900 to 3300 lbs depending on options. Being of unibody tin-can construction has plenty to do with that. They're a great-handling SUV as compact and low to the ground as they are, and their CG is low due to much of the weight being unsprung, and practically all of it below the floorboard, minus the engine.

I pulled a few parts together for it after I bought it, including a few things like a high flow induction setup, 65mm TB w/ match ported intake manifold, Jet programmer, MSD ignition, banks header/full exhaust, etc.

On the stock tires with the 4.10's that I'd swapped in, that little Jeep would get the hell up and move, and I had no problem hanging with just about any 2 liter-ish imports out along the backroads.

...anyway, sorry for the long@ss hijack! Lol.... just wanted to toss that out there, being a Jeep guy at heart and all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 34 Old 07-05-2007, 07:48 PM
WRXtuners Member

VD5505 is known to be trustworthy and helpful VD5505 is known to be trustworthy and helpful VD5505 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via AIM to VD5505 Send a message via MSN to VD5505
another good idea is to run Water Wetter its made by Red Line and lot of your part stores have it and or can get it, i can keep your car up to 20 degrees cooler that stuff works great all you have to do it add it to your coolant and your done.
post #33 of 34 Old 07-05-2007, 08:07 PM
WRXpert

LiL Shoaf is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to LiL Shoaf Send a message via Yahoo to LiL Shoaf
+1 to water wetter.. It's not the coolant that cools the temperatures, it's the water.. The coolant simply keeps corrosion and freezing down.. Water Wetter will help the engine cool down faster, but not necessarly keep it running cooler when you beat on it..

02 WRX.. "It's fun when it runs.. Problem is that it hardly ever does..."
post #34 of 34 Old 07-05-2007, 11:27 PM
WRXtuners Member

ArmyWRX is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to ArmyWRX Send a message via Yahoo to ArmyWRX
dont waste your money on flushing your radiator. reverse flush is the way to go. it will free up any gunk in the in let tubes of the flow through the radiator
Sponsored Links
Advertisement