Subaru WRX Forum

Subaru WRX Forum (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/)
-   Bolt-On Tech (EJ205 2.0L '02-05 WRX) (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f52/)
-   -   hks bov? (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f52/hks-bov-30883/)

pollock 06-12-2011 11:03 AM

hks bov?

i have an 02 wrx currently with a perrin recirc valve, my buddy has a hks box for his legacy gt but had to get a flange made from the wrx model, he said he would sell me the hks bov, but he isnt sure if i need a tuner for it, do i?

turmic 06-12-2011 11:43 AM

It doesn't require a tune because the problems it will create can not be tuned for.

mfarnham 06-12-2011 03:57 PM

Generally speaking its going to cause problems like rough idling and stalling. But you might get lucky. My friend had the same BOV and had absolutely no issues.

AllExtinct 06-12-2011 06:35 PM

+1 on the rough idle.
I would stick with what you got if your not having any problems.

newtothegame 06-13-2011 10:58 AM

Your Perrin unit must be on the Stock I/C. If you upgrade your intercooler to a bigger one ditch that POS Perrin and start looking for something like the CObb XLE, TurboSmart or GFB hybrid.

BLAZE2099 06-15-2011 08:35 PM

I have a HKS Ill give ya,for nothing. POS!!! nothing but problems, you need to recirculate!!!
Trust me, I had mine on for less than a week, stalled countless times, and looked the part of a fool at red lights and stop signs :notgood::hurl:

...........................CHEERS!!!

ikpthegame 06-16-2011 07:28 AM

[quote=BLAZE2099;262669]I have a HKS Ill give ya,for nothing. POS!!! nothing but problems, you need to recirculate!!!
Trust me, I had mine on for less than a week, stalled countless times, and looked the part of a fool at red lights and stop signs :notgood::hurl:

...........................CHEERS!!![/quote]

i love mine, id take that from ya for free since mine is old and looks old lol.

AllExtinct 06-16-2011 06:14 PM

[quote=BLAZE2099;262669]I have a HKS Ill give ya,for nothing. POS!!! nothing but problems, you need to recirculate!!!

...........................CHEERS![/quote]

ROFL!!
Thats too funny! I put my GFB hybrid on full vent for the hell of it once and my car barely stayed running, I cant imagine having a full vent all the time and knowing you wasted money on something you cant switch back to recirc.
Tempted to put my Hybrid back on. But not sure if it will affect AP. :( Will it?

newtothegame 06-16-2011 08:08 PM

I run my AP with my custom 20G map with my "new" Cobb CLE BPV on 50/50. I say new cause I was tuned with the Perrin recirc one. I have ran the Cobb VTA, full recirc and 50/50, and in none of them did I notice a difference in EGT, or A/F ratios (I ahve AEM gauges to monitor those). I think its partly due to the quality of the part also.

BLAZE2099 06-16-2011 08:30 PM

You can switch out the output end on a HKS and make them recirculate.

I got a steal on it so Ill actually get more from it if I were to put it on EBAY or NASIOC..

but yes for the time being.....waste of money, nuthin better than smelling gas and stalling out every 5 seconds...lol:p

ikpthegame 06-18-2011 12:54 PM

[quote=BLAZE2099;262716]You can switch out the output end on a HKS and make them recirculate.

I got a steal on it so Ill actually get more from it if I were to put it on EBAY or NASIOC..

but yes for the time being.....waste of money, nuthin better than smelling gas and stalling out every 5 seconds...lol:p[/quote]

I have never had any of those problems at all, what version do you have?

BLAZE2099 07-24-2011 12:37 PM

two!!!!.....Its hanging on the wall in my garage....works just fine there!! lol