hey guys im kinda new and i have some problems - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 04-26-2005, 08:44 PM
WRXtuners Member

ja9rod9 is an unknown
hey guys im kinda new and i have some problems

HEY i just got my hks hi power exhaust with a helix no cat down pipe. My friend and I put in the whole thing and we went for a test drive, as were driving we here the exhaust rattling so i take it another friend of mine who knows alot about the wrx and he took a look at it and he saw that i was missing a bracket that hooked up to the tranny that came down and hooked up to the down pipe. i ordered one from subaru and i hooked up and it was all good from there. then a couple of nights ago im in reverse going out of my driveway and i hear a shake under the car ( my exhaust again). so im on the road and i shift into third and i let go of the clutch fast and i hear the exhaust shaking again like if the bracket wasnt there. Can somone please help me out on this I have no idea why and ive searched around but i coudlnt find anything on exhaust brakets. I appreciate it if somone can solve this problem !
THANKS
Jarod
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 04-26-2005, 08:49 PM
WRXtuners Member

ja9rod9 is an unknown
oo ya sorry my car is actually a 02 not a 05 i gotta change that soon hah sorry
#3 Old 04-26-2005, 08:57 PM
WRXtuners Member

02scobie21 is more helpful than not
When I hooked up my down pipe I had that that same sound, it was where the down pipe and the cat back met. The flange on the D/P was as tight as it could go, and there were no leaks, but it still moved around a little bit. I hope that help a little bit, cause it's kind-a hard for me to explain with-out showing you what I'm talking about. SO all-in-all just check where your D/P and catback meet.
#4 Old 04-26-2005, 10:42 PM
WRXtuners Member

wi_wrx is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to wi_wrx
I just had that on my car... Does your exhaust have a hi flow cat?.. is that what is rattling (like is the side of the cat hitting the car) ?
Mine was after i put in my uppipe ( i took off the downpipe) when i put it back on. there is a bracket towards the front of the car from the rear O2 sensor on the DP that can slide left and right... Try to losen that bolt and push the dp towards the passenger side of the car then tighten it back up... That fixed my problem... It was extremely hard for me to move ( I live in wisconsin and everything rusts very fast.) Give that a try and good luck.
#5 Old 04-27-2005, 07:23 AM
WRXtuners Member

ja9rod9 is an unknown
Ya i have a helix downpipe with no cat and a hks exhaust. AT first i thoguht i might of needed some new hangers because the exhaust was a little bigger than my old one? but i duno thanks for replying guys ill try to move it over and see what happends if anyone else has any suggestions please let me know
thank you again you guys are awsome
JAROD
#6 Old 04-27-2005, 07:24 AM
WRXtuners Member

ja9rod9 is an unknown
did you get the sound of the rattling to stop?
#7 Old 04-27-2005, 07:41 AM
WRXtuners Member

Cosmo is known to be trustworthy and helpful Cosmo is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via AIM to Cosmo
It has nothing to do with where the downpipe and catback meet. It is rattling against either the transmission or the undercarriage of the car (depends on which way it's moving). The lower bracket that yours is missing is there to hold it in place to prevent that rattle.
#8 Old 04-27-2005, 07:52 AM
WRXtuners Member

ja9rod9 is an unknown
but i got that bracket and its on right now but its still rattling.
#9 Old 04-27-2005, 08:58 AM
WRXtuners Member

Cosmo is known to be trustworthy and helpful Cosmo is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via AIM to Cosmo
You may need to move it to one side or the other. There is room for the pipe to slide side to side. You just have it too far over one way. I can't say for sure which way since I can't see your car. I've put on many downpipes, and that' the problem 99% of the time.
#10 Old 04-27-2005, 09:23 AM
WRXtuners Member

wi_wrx is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to wi_wrx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmo
You may need to move it to one side or the other. There is room for the pipe to slide side to side. You just have it too far over one way. I can't say for sure which way since I can't see your car. I've put on many downpipes, and that' the problem 99% of the time.
That was exactly what i was trying to say (mine has a cat not in the dp that was hitting the undercarage)
#11 Old 04-27-2005, 10:02 AM
WRXtuners Member

ja9rod9 is an unknown
alrigt guys ill try that tonight if it stops raining!!!! HAHA i appreciate it this problem has been driving me crazy thanks alot
JAROD