hesitation before boost kicks in - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 06-02-2009, 08:11 PM
WRXtuners Member

boost_556 is an unknown
hesitation before boost kicks in

ok
tuned my car abt 3 weeks ago and dynoed at 362.5 WHP, however just abt a week now my car is hesitating just as boost kicks in, i pulled the plugs and had them changed but still is doing the same thing.the CEL is on and reading 02 sensor and system running rich.
Would this problem be just to change my o2 sensor?and could this be sending wrong signal to my ecu causing to show system rich?Please guys i need some help and appreciate your answers and suggestions.
thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 06-03-2009, 09:34 AM
WRXtuners Member

baller_v24 is known to be trustworthy and helpful baller_v24 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to baller_v24
Have you talked to your tuner and asked him what your a/f ratio is? Kind of sounds like a boost leak or something.

rollin on 17's now and they're dirty
#3 Old 06-03-2009, 09:15 PM
WRXtuners Member

boost_556 is an unknown
well i will have to take the car back to him in CT, just was trying to avoid having the trouble of going all out there again, but i believe he said A/F around 11 to 12 will confirm with him though.would a faulty actuator hose contribute to the problem? i will check that too as well.
#4 Old 06-03-2009, 09:24 PM
WRXtuners Member

basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to basco Send a message via MSN to basco
yeah thats a possibility

FP GT35R MoTeC M800 AndrewTech PPG'd Wagon - 513AWHP
06 Mazdaspeed6 280/330
- Matt
#5 Old 06-06-2009, 07:57 PM
WRXtuners Member

boost_556 is an unknown
well i checked my hoses and all seem well, i believe is the tunning so will have the car re-tuned also had all my plugs changed to stock but thanks guys for those of you who at least made some suggestions good looking.Will send an update when i get the prob fix.
#6 Old 06-08-2009, 02:44 AM
WRXtuners Member

srninjastar is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to srninjastar
could it be the MAF? my car bucks alot before hitting boost after i got a stage 2 protune and i swaped out my maf with my friends and sure enough that was the problem
#7 Old 06-08-2009, 08:23 PM
WRXtuners Member

boost_556 is an unknown
well i am gonna have my tuner look at the car tomorrow so hopefully we find something.
#8 Old 06-08-2009, 09:15 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Good luck with it Boost, keep us update man.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#9 Old 06-09-2009, 06:32 PM
WRXtuners Member

boost_556 is an unknown
ok i took the car back to my tuner and did a test for the boost leak, its coming from the turbo inlet hose so i have to change that and do another test to ensure there is no more leak.so i guess thats where my problems are coming from.
will know for sure when i change that.what u guys think .
#10 Old 06-09-2009, 07:37 PM
WRXtuners Member

ratfink is a helpful contributing member
The inlet is pre-turbo.....is that a boost leak?

It's unmetered (and unfiltered for that matter) air, so it can cause a lean condition if it's a big enough leak, but it shouldn't effect boost much unless your ECU is retarding things.

Brad

AEM CAI, Perrin ELH wrapped, Catted Downpipe, Stage II XPT tune, K4RT30Y STS, lip, shark fin
#11 Old 06-09-2009, 09:35 PM
WRXtuners Member

boost_556 is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratfink View Post
The inlet is pre-turbo.....is that a boost leak?

It's unmetered (and unfiltered for that matter) air, so it can cause a lean condition if it's a big enough leak, but it shouldn't effect boost much unless your ECU is retarding things.
well that make sense yeah but i still have to change the inlet hose because it sounds like a pretty nasty leak coming from there.However once that is taken care of i will re-tune.
#12 Old 06-10-2009, 12:22 AM
WRXtuners Member

Kjott21 is known to be trustworthy and helpful Kjott21 is known to be trustworthy and helpful Kjott21 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by boost_556 View Post
ok i took the car back to my tuner and did a test for the boost leak, its coming from the turbo inlet hose so i have to change that and do another test to ensure there is no more leak.so i guess thats where my problems are coming from.
will know for sure when i change that.what u guys think .
An inlet leak will definitely cause you some issues. I can't believe they didn't catch that when you were tuning it.

My name is Ken and I am a HP Junkie.
#13 Old 06-10-2009, 08:35 AM
WRXtuners Member

boost_556 is an unknown
and the funny thing is that there was an evo that they tuned the same day and he told me that he found a boost leak just after the tune and he find the car running real crappy as well. Don't know if any of you guys know of BIG AL in Connecticut but he is one that tuned my car and i am having all sorts of problems since then, i usually go to my guy but he was pretty booked up at that time and i had already put my 750cc injectors in so i was really in need of the tune but was the biggest mistake i ever made.
same day of the tune while going home i had my CEL came on reading:
02 sensor responding slow, system running rich, misfire on #3 cylinder.All this crap after the tune but i am scared to take the car back before he makes things more worst.
So i was having my guy trying to re-tune yesterday and finding out there is a leak and he cant even access the ECU cause AL used Ecutek and the computer is locked so i may have to get a new ecu as well.
#14 Old 06-10-2009, 10:43 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
I have read about AL before. ABuot 98% of what I have read has been good feedback. Sorry to hear about your misfortunes, hope you get it figured out and fixed soon.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#15 Old 06-10-2009, 11:02 PM
WRXtuners Member

Kjott21 is known to be trustworthy and helpful Kjott21 is known to be trustworthy and helpful Kjott21 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
I had Al tune my old car once. I will never let him touch my car or one of my friend's cars ever again.

My name is Ken and I am a HP Junkie.