Subaru WRX Forum banner

HELP!!! please read...

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  IBAUCLAPlaya 
#1 ·
to all wrx know-it-alls,

eric here, and i need some serious help. heres the deal...about a week ago i put on a apex'i N1 cat back exaust and turbo xs RFL blow off valve on my pretty much stock (other than injen cold air and short shifter) 02 wrx. i live in PA, and decide ot go see some friends that live in VA. so i make the trip down and im absolutly LOVING my new mods. about a day after i arrive, 4-5 days after installing the mods, my car starts makeing this funny noise. a noise like if you stuck a stick into a fan blade. so i take it to the local subbie dealer down thier and had to leave it !Cry! . about two days later i get a call from the subbie dealer saying that they arnt really sure what happend but it sounds like i bent an engine rod. anyways...they had to tear the whole thing apart, and they are telling me the the blow off vlave is what totaled my engine?!?! i know that just a blow off valve (that was installed professionally) can not do that type of harm. i didnt touch boost pressure, or anything just bolted on the two mods. so what im trying to ask...can you guys help give me some info on how the blow off valve cannot do this type of damage to a car. i have to talk w/ the general inspection manager, and i need to give him facts about the mods i made, and need to give a good argument on how these things cannot be the main reason my engine died, and i really need to know what im talking about. what you guys tell me may help me save close to what seems to be 5000-6000 bucks, that i dont have. so any info that i can tell this guys on how these mods couldnt do harm to my enigne would be VERY VERY VERY greatly appreciated. because i know there is no way that these things couldve done this damage. perhaps the engine was partiallly damaged from the last guy who had it and this stuff pushed it over??? i dont know, im not that mechanically sound, but i do LOVE my wrx and to get it back depends on the information that people tell me in this forum!! thank you sooo much to anyone who helps, i appreciate it very much!!

-eric

See less See more
#2 ·
There is no way that a blow-off valve caused any damage. I'm not sure that they know how a blow-off valve works. Ask them to explain to you how it caused that kind of damage.

And, they are saying you bent a connecting rod? First, I have never seen that. Second, it wouldn't cause the sound you are describing. I would pick up your car and take it somewhere else. What part of Virginia are you in? If it's local to me I'll be glad to look at it myself.

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

#4 ·
Ahh. "NOVA". That's a whole separate state.... just ask anyone who lives there.

But, I still suggest you take it somewhere else. There are dozens of Subaru dealerships up there. Even if you have to have them fix it, it should be under warranty. The Magnusson Moss warranty act states that to void your warranty they have to prove why a certian modification or aftermarket part caused the specific damage.

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.