Help! I'm lost!! - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 01-28-2003, 07:02 PM
WRXtuners Member

minsin is an unknown
Help! I'm lost!!

Where can I buy a boost gauge? Which MBC to buy? (there's so many different kinds! I don't know which one to buy!!) and which BOV?
I heard GFB Hybrid is good but, I also heard HKS or Turbo XS is better! I'm completely lost.... ### help!

Question your very own EXISTENCE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-29-2003, 12:08 AM
WRXtuners Member

Zullard is more helpful than not
gauges and BOV

I would go with Autometer for the gauge and hks for the BOV my two cents, you can find stores in the parts guide also.
#3 Old 01-30-2003, 01:06 AM
WRXtuners Member

TrboChgd is an unknown
i have an auto meter boost gauge (ultra light) and the tripple a pillar mount from www.fastwrx.com They both work great

"natural is nice but i'd rather be forced and blown"
#4 Old 01-30-2003, 08:02 PM
WRXtuners Member

tommy is an unknown
i also have an auto meter boost gauge and it works great for $40

i have the turboXS mbc and it's does alright i have to adjust it every week or two but u get what u pay for i guess, it does the job i've never talked to anyone with a different kind though
#5 Old 01-31-2003, 10:27 AM
WRXtuners Member

AWD WRX is an unknown
Well for a boost comtroller if you want a manual then go with turbo XS it is as far as I know the best I had one on a MR2 turbo I used to have and it was great you will have to adjust it when the whether changes but other then that it's great. For electronic I would go with the profec B it's easy to use and install and it is one of the top boost controllers on the market and it doesn't cost nearly as much as the others.

For guages go with autometer their cheap and they work just as well as any other guage. Now when you buy a EGT guage on the other hand DO NOT BUY AUTOMETER the probe for it sucks you would be in better shape buying a greddy EGT guage.

BOV you have three choices Greddy type B I think I can't remember right now the one with a purple top. HKS or even turbo XS the only problem with the turbo XS is that after a few months you have to add a new washer (the one inside that is up against the spring) because the BOV starts to open slower. Which is easy you just unscrew the top and put it in. Other then that the turbo XS is great the noise can get anoying though it's LOUD it kind of PSSSSHHHHH sound.