Help on how/where to run boost gauge hose - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 03-18-2003, 03:27 PM Thread Starter
PJC
WRXtuners Member

PJC is an unknown
Help on how/where to run boost gauge hose

I have my HKS mechanical boost gauge and 10 ft of hose...but before I start re-inventing the wheel (or ripping my dash apart) I thought I might try to ask the experts what / where is the easiest place to run the boost gauge hose from engine-thru firewall-to top left of dash bd.

I want to mount gauge in front left corner of dash and have 1/4-inch hose to run. I'll get the 12 VDC for the gauge lights from somewhere under the dash as well I guess. Anything I should know to make the job easier?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 03-21-2003, 11:01 AM
WRXtuners Member

Juliano is an unknown
I ran mine through the rubber grommet on the passenger side, snaked it under the center console and then under the driver's side dash. It was a pretty easy install. Having said that, I would recommend running it through the rubber grommet on the driver's side. I only did it on the other side because I needed a place to mount the unit that receives the vacuum line and sends out the electrical signal. I have subsquently rethought the location and relocated the unit to the driver's side so as to keep the vacuum hose as short as possible. I'll just have to figure out somewhere to mount that receiver.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement