Help fund the research for a low cost Turboback solution. - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 02-12-2003, 02:20 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Mattr762 is an unknown
Help fund the research for a low cost Turboback solution.

MattSpec - Turboback

Help fund the research for a Turboback solution that will be the 1/3 of the cost of an average aftermarket Turboback while hopefully matching them in horsepower and torque.

I've set this PayPal donation fund to help with the cost of research and development for a low cost Turboback solution for the WRX.

I will be testing many different things before and after the modifications are made. Including:
- Horsepower
- Torque
- Weight
- 0-60
- 1/4 mile
- Hopefully test at least 3 different mufflers for sound and HP & TQ gain.

I will also be including installation photos, diagrams, locations of purchased items, and costs.

I would appreciated any size donation to help with the creation of this Turboback solution.

Thank you for your help.

Use it or lose it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 02-12-2003, 10:52 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Mattr762 is an unknown
I would also like to add:
There is always a cheaper solution while sacrificing a lot HP and TQ. The HKS downpipe does not have a divorced wastegate so your looking at a major restriction right from the beginning. It also removes both cats making it highly illegal. The solution that I am developing is for the people that want maximum HP & TQ gains from a full turboback but do not want to spend $1000.

What most people do anyway is get a downpipe and a catback system that costs between $500-$800. My Turboback solution will still be cheaper than that.

I am not selling these parts and I am not a vendor. I am average poor guy just like many of you and am creating an off the shelf exhaust system coupled with custom mandrel bent 3" pipe from your local performance muffler shop.

The donations are not for the parts themselves. I want to provide 3rd party rock hard evidence of the performance increase. Horsepower, 1/4 mile, 0-60, etc... Many people have stated that you can't trust Tuners hype that StageXYZ increases Hp this much, so I want to prove my Turboback system and that is why I need your help.

Thanks,
Matt

Use it or lose it!
post #3 of 4 Old 02-12-2003, 05:39 PM
WRXtuners Member

rawrex is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to rawrex
I WISH YOU LOTS OF LUCK ON THE RESEARCH. if I COULD, I'D GIVE YOU A FEW BUCKS, BUT I'M ALREADY LATE ON MY FIRST PAYMENT. i WOULD THINK IT WOULD BE A HARD SELL TRYING TO GET MONEY WITHOUT GIVING SOME HARD PARTS IN RETURN. i LOOK FORWARD TO ANY UPDATES WHEN YOU POST THEM.
post #4 of 4 Old 02-12-2003, 07:21 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Mattr762 is an unknown
Thanks for your kind words. It is a hard sell, but what you're buying is peice of mind, that such a low cost solution will perform just as well as the big boys.

Use it or lose it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement