Help can't figure out how to get engine back in right spot. - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 09-23-2006, 10:33 PM
WRXtuners Member

BigJay is an unknown
Help can't figure out how to get engine back in right spot.

Hey guys. I'm in a bit of a pickle here. I was changing out my uppipe today and I jacked up my engine after unbolting the passenger side. But i still needed a another inch to get the OG uppipe out. So stupid me I took of the other engine mount nut. Which worked like a charm, Got the old one out and installed the new one(Used STI uppipe w/ new gaskets.) But the engine move forward about an inch and a half and I can't figure out how to get it to line up.!Cry! Need HELP!!!!PLEASE ANY SUGGESTIONS ARE APPRECIATED. THANX

BigJay-My 04 Rex loves mustangs to death literally
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 09-24-2006, 01:30 AM
WRXtuners Member

new2scoob is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to new2scoob
well, im no mechanic, but maybe you could move the car foreward since its unbolted from the engine? Unless you have a cherry picker or some other kind of way to lift the engine and move it.

Ryan-
Just another n00b trying to fit in.
#3 Old 09-24-2006, 08:57 AM
WRXtuners Member

BigJay is an unknown
No that won't work. Car is on jack stands and engine is being held up by a jack. I have a friend coming over around one pm today to try and hel w/ this probelm. If we figure out a solution I'll definitely write about it so next time someone has this happen they will have a refence. I'll keep ya'll updated ,but again any suggestions are much appericated.......Lil Shoaf?

#4 Old 09-24-2006, 12:39 PM
WRXtuners Member

9d2TSi is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to 9d2TSi Send a message via MSN to 9d2TSi
Same thing happened to me when I did mine. It took alot of wiggling to get it back into place. We had a jack on the engine to support it and then put a jack under the tranny and jacked that up some. That brought the engine back some. After that we could wiggle it back into place.

My car is well, it's like 10 lbs of shit in a 5 lb bag...

<------ Click to see what I'm workin' with. ;)
#5 Old 09-24-2006, 02:41 PM
WRXtuners Member

BigJay is an unknown
Well I had a master mech. from toyota(I work there) come over. In 3 minutes he had it figured out. We just had to remove the front bolt on the dog bone(top engine mount.) BAM, engine slid right into place. So if anyone has this happen take that loose and you'll get it. I even tried jacking up the tranny last night with a second jack and that didn't help. He said it was because the dog bone naturally pushes the engine forward. So theres the solution for future reference. I hope this helps someone else in my situation. Thanks again to those that gave opinions and suggestions.