Heat question - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 05-03-2005, 07:13 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

jeff04 is an unknown
Heat question

When I order my TBE and uppipe in about a week, is it worth it to get some type of thermal wrap tape to wrap the downpipe? I don't think you need it on the uppipe, right? I read an article in turbo magazine that says it is a good idea to keep as much heat out of the engine bay as possible.

Also, when I replace the uppipe, would it be ok to install either a short ram or cold air intake? Or is the stock intake good enough? Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 05-03-2005, 09:33 PM
WRXtuners Member

subiewood is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff04
When I order my TBE and uppipe in about a week, is it worth it to get some type of thermal wrap tape to wrap the downpipe? I don't think you need it on the uppipe, right? I read an article in turbo magazine that says it is a good idea to keep as much heat out of the engine bay as possible.

Also, when I replace the uppipe, would it be ok to install either a short ram or cold air intake? Or is the stock intake good enough? Thanks.
that wouldnt be a bad idea as far as the intake goes go with a short ram cold air usally tends to lean u out
post #3 of 5 Old 05-04-2005, 11:41 AM
WRXtuners Member

silver04 is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to silver04 Send a message via Yahoo to silver04
I think I read somewhere that the stock intake is good till about 300hp. Either way the stock intake system is good enough for the mods you will be installing for now. Save your money for some other mods!

Oh and thermal wrap is a good idea but some people say it's unnecessary. I would've done it if I had thermal wrap lying around when I installed my DP.

-silver04
post #4 of 5 Old 05-05-2005, 05:33 PM
WRXtuners Member

hondaeater is more helpful than not
DEF do the wrap on the UP and Downpipe, like you said it'll keep TONs of heat out of the EB. They also claim quicker spool. I would wrap the hot side of the turbo while you have the stuff off too.
post #5 of 5 Old 05-06-2005, 09:07 AM

mosc is a helpful contributing member
Garage
there's nothing wrong with a short ram intake. Unlike a cold air intake it won't make you run lean and it really enhances the sounds under your hood. To me, it's a Stage 2 option
Sponsored Links
Advertisement