Header for a 2.0 stock turbo - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 24 Old 09-19-2006, 10:01 PM
WRXtuners Member

oldfartracer is more helpful than not
here is more good reading http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=601219
If you stilled need a header the Maddaddy is very nice. I would get the stock one P&P.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 24 Old 09-20-2006, 02:56 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Chris Rx is an unknown
that maddad header is the same price as the GT spec header. so when i go with the header setup, i might just go with the GT spec. i dunno. its not for a while anyways, thanks guys for all your input. when i get it ill post a video and what i think of it, and hopefully a dyno tune also showing hp numbers before and after.
post #18 of 24 Old 09-20-2006, 08:39 PM
WRXtuners Member

suddenthomas is more helpful than not
I have the borla header here. Sounds sweet and noticed the power in top and mid like everyone else. I didn't notice any increase in lag at all. Not sure where everyone gets that in their head enlighten me.
post #19 of 24 Old 09-22-2006, 08:16 AM
WRXpert

dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention
Quote:
Originally Posted by suddenthomas
I have the borla header here. Sounds sweet and noticed the power in top and mid like everyone else. I didn't notice any increase in lag at all. Not sure where everyone gets that in their head enlighten me.
Old fartracer provided the info to "enlighten" you in the link he posted.Due to bigger I.D. and longer pipes plus non retention of heat= lag(sometimes depending on the design of the header)
http://www.speedstylesound.com/headers/
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=974977
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=601219

Homebrewed tuned with Opensource!
post #20 of 24 Old 09-23-2006, 12:28 AM
WRXtuners Member

jp102895 is an unknown
Headers?

I hope this doesn't sound redundant, but my setup right know is Injen RD intake, Perrin up-pipe and down pipe (catless), Perrin exhaust, Turbo XS Utec, and walbro 255 fuel pump I saw on one of the post, that you may need some custom work done to the engine before installing an aftermarket header. Any recommendations on which header to go with the setup I have. Sorry for the questions, trying to learn as much as I can with the WRX. The reason for the questions because I'm in the process of getting an Injen FMIC and turbo upgrade (don't know which one yet), and I was told I should look into a header. Thanks for your input.
post #21 of 24 Old 09-23-2006, 03:51 PM
Ian

Ian is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to Ian
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp102895
I hope this doesn't sound redundant, but my setup right know is Injen RD intake, Perrin up-pipe and down pipe (catless), Perrin exhaust, Turbo XS Utec, and walbro 255 fuel pump I saw on one of the post, that you may need some custom work done to the engine before installing an aftermarket header. Any recommendations on which header to go with the setup I have. Sorry for the questions, trying to learn as much as I can with the WRX. The reason for the questions because I'm in the process of getting an Injen FMIC and turbo upgrade (don't know which one yet), and I was told I should look into a header. Thanks for your input.
I would look into a better front mount than the Injen one, anddon't bother with a header unless you are going with a BIG turbo, just get your factory exhaust manifold ported and polished.
post #22 of 24 Old 09-25-2006, 10:49 PM
WRXtuners Member

suddenthomas is more helpful than not
Quote:
Originally Posted by dumdum
Old fartracer provided the info to "enlighten" you in the link he posted.Due to bigger I.D. and longer pipes plus non retention of heat= lag(sometimes depending on the design of the header)
http://www.speedstylesound.com/headers/
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=974977
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=601219

Thanks for the info! And here I thought I was doing something to really gain some power. Being and old muscle car fan you would think the same rules apply. But that little thing called a turbo really changes things.lol
post #23 of 24 Old 09-26-2006, 01:17 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Chris Rx is an unknown
i put my money to good use for now, PDX maps, the header i will do when i get a bigger turbo
post #24 of 24 Old 09-26-2006, 10:07 AM
WRXpert

dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention
Quote:
Originally Posted by suddenthomas
Thanks for the info! And here I thought I was doing something to really gain some power. Being and old muscle car fan you would think the same rules apply. But that little thing called a turbo really changes things.lol
Well,headers will yeild power.Like the article said most cars saw a 15+/- gain in HP and TRQ but at the expense of spool time and low end power.Headers shift the power band to the right.But unlike a N/A car,the turbo is still an exhaust restriction.I think the biggest thing headers do is remove the stock POS crossover pipe and thats where most of the gains are had with the smaller-med turbos.

Homebrewed tuned with Opensource!