Has Anyone Got Samco Hoses - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 03-10-2003, 09:02 PM
WRXtuners Member

TrboChgd is an unknown
Question Has Anyone Got Samco Hoses

Has anyone got Samco coolant hoses? Does the set come with ALL coolant Hoses/ Radiator Hoses? ( i saw a set on vivid racing) And are they worth it? From experiance with turbo cars, anything ruber under the hood gets throughly cooked. I was thinking of changing over to all silicon hoses.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 03-11-2003, 07:20 AM
WRXtuners Member

IMPREZvWRX is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to IMPREZvWRX
They are mostly for looks, simply to match your Samco IC hoses and turbo inlet if you have them. They offer no advantage in flow, although they will last longer than a standard rubber coolant hose.

Chris
#3 Old 03-13-2003, 03:20 PM
WRXtuners Member

WhatleyWRX is an unknown
IMPREZvWRX is mostly correct. If the SAMCO hoses were the same shape (specifically the Y-Pipe) there would be little to no difference. However, if you look at the plastic Y-Pipe going from the Turbo to the Intercooler you'll notice it has some restriction to it. This creates greater head loss in the piping. You want to lower the resistance as much as possible so the turbo doesn't have to work as hard to spool up. The hose between the throttle body and the intercooler....I have a hard time believing that does anything. The BOV hose, I can't even speculate whether or not that does much.

Every little bit helps, I have them on my car, not sure it was that noticeable. I tried to monitor spoolup and the like afterwards. I'd like to claim it lowers spoolup, albeit a little, however I have no hard data to back that up with.

Whatley.
#4 Old 03-13-2003, 03:55 PM
WRXtuners Member

IMPREZvWRX is an unknown
Quote:
Originally posted by WhatleyWRX
IMPREZvWRX is mostly correct. If the SAMCO hoses were the same shape (specifically the Y-Pipe) there would be little to no difference. However, if you look at the plastic Y-Pipe going from the Turbo to the Intercooler you'll notice it has some restriction to it. This creates greater head loss in the piping. You want to lower the resistance as much as possible so the turbo doesn't have to work as hard to spool up. The hose between the throttle body and the intercooler....I have a hard time believing that does anything. The BOV hose, I can't even speculate whether or not that does much.

Every little bit helps, I have them on my car, not sure it was that noticeable. I tried to monitor spoolup and the like afterwards. I'd like to claim it lowers spoolup, albeit a little, however I have no hard data to back that up with.

Whatley.
Re-read his post. He was asking about the radiator/coolant hoses.

Chris
#5 Old 03-13-2003, 04:06 PM
WRXtuners Member

WhatleyWRX is an unknown
Ouch, I'd like to rephrase my opening statement.

IMPREZvWRX is correct.

No one said engineers had to be able to read.

Whatley.
#6 Old 03-13-2003, 04:10 PM
WRXtuners Member

IMPREZvWRX is an unknown
Much better.

I also have the Samco IC hoses. My stock ones leaked. These hold the boost much better.

Chris