Greddy Turbo-Timer Install - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 09-24-2003, 10:25 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

flipWRX is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to flipWRX
Question Greddy Turbo-Timer Install

i just bought a greddy full-auto turbo-timer and i wuz wondering if anyone knows where i can find some good instalation instructions...thanx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 09-25-2003, 04:54 PM
WRXtuners Member

REXronald is known to be trustworthy and helpful REXronald is known to be trustworthy and helpful
if you want my .02

or if not... i'm giving it anyway...

don't install it. return it and get your money back. turbo timer is not needed on the WRX... The wrx is actually designed as water and oil cooled, it continues to thermally pull water thru its cooling chambers after your vehicle is shut down... The coolant resevoir is located relatively high up in the this vehicle and that's what allows the coolant to continue to cycle through the lines without any sort of mechanical pumping whatsoever...

i've heard all the stories about coked oil lines and whatnot... but i refuse to waist $100+ on turbo timer... the research i've done came from what consider to be a very knowledble source who has been with working with WRX's long before they ever approaced our coastal waters... (europe/japan, duh)... So do as you like... just suggesting you don't really need, especially if your running stock boost/stock turbo... i'm not going to run one with a VF30 at 18 psi... Of course, i will admit to my own paranoia due to all the "oil coking" talk and i still let me car run for about 30-60 seconds when i get home if i was driving all over it real hard. Of course, i'm running stock turbo right now at 17.5 psi and it has to work reeeaaaaaaaalllllll hard to boost like that, even with a low pressure-dropping Hyperflow Intercooler installed.

as i said...
just my .02
post #3 of 5 Old 09-25-2003, 06:20 PM
WRXtuners Member

Tut4u2 is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to Tut4u2
Finally someone who agrees with me. Listen to REXronald. You dont need a Turbo Timer.

Che
post #4 of 5 Old 09-25-2003, 10:03 PM
WRXtuners Member

stiffler is an unknown
Didn't it come with instructions., I would contact greddy I sure they can help you out, that's if you keep it
post #5 of 5 Old 09-26-2003, 05:48 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

flipWRX is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to flipWRX
thanx RExronald...but i decided to go ahead and install it just in case...well thanx for the info though...thats something i didnt know