Got spool? :) - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 09-30-2003, 11:41 PM Thread Starter
WRXpert

Big Sky is known to be trustworthy and helpful Big Sky is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Got spool? :)

I've been modding my car w/ quick spool and low/mid torque at the heart of my goals. Rallyperformance stage 2 (uppipe/downpipe/muffler/ecutek reflash) + Samco ic and turbo inlet hoses- stock turbo/ic/injectors/pump.

I ran this log the other day- 3rd gear pull and was rather impressed at the spool 16.5psi @ 2900 rpms, I'm also hitting 200 ft lbs right at 3000 rpms (w/ a nice flat flat curve following).

Big Sky
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 10-01-2003, 12:19 PM
WRXtuners Member

Tut4u2 is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to Tut4u2
God good. More details ###. I would love having that power curve.

Che
post #3 of 3 Old 10-01-2003, 03:05 PM Thread Starter
WRXpert

Big Sky is known to be trustworthy and helpful Big Sky is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Well my setup is geared for autox/rallyx as well as a occasional (hoping for more than occasional next year) track day, this is also the boss's (read wife's) daily driver as well. I tried to tune towards the left of the graph- low/midrange torque, with the power coming on as soon as possible. I'm running a STi catless uppipe/ScoobySport turboback- but still running the oe 3rd cat (per SCCA rules for my class), I've got Samco turbo inlet and IC hoses and a RallyPerformance Ecutek to tie everything together.

On 91 octane (MT's best unfortunately) I'm getting 200 ft lbs at 3100 rpms, at 3400 I'm making 220 and it holds + 200 through ~ 5700 rpms. Horsepower #'s weren't too bad at 216 at ~ 5300 and holds +200 until 6500.

I'm very satisfied w/ the results. I've got a great, reliable daily driver (even get 26mpg @ 80mph on our interstate) that is very quick for autox/rallyx. This same setup netted RallyPerformance at the SCC shootout 13.5 w/ a 101mph trap in the 1/4- not too shabby.

There are many very impressive high power setups, but I decided for my needs- this is just what the doctor ordered.

Big Sky