Subaru WRX Forum banner

got retuned after my rebuild 383 WHP

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  boost_556 
#1 ·
just to let you guys know i had to pull my motor a few weeks back to change my block.
The old block was too tired and lots of knock, so i swap in a rebuild block with stock pistons and rods with ACL race bearings and ARP bolts.
Got it tuned recently and made 383 WHP @ 22 psi:D with methonal.the car feels great and can't wait to take it to the track i had to lower the boost just to drive around so i don't break anything, i am very careful at this point since i know this is way too much power for my 5 speed tranny.
I will have my dyno sheet up soon .

#2 ·
nice job boost..sounds like the car is a blast..how much did the rebuild cost? did u do the labor urself?? how come u decided to stay with the 2.0 instead of going 2.5 and how come you put stock pistons and rods in?? be careful with that power, you might want to break in all that stuff for a while...and we dont want to see you go through a third tranny.

#5 ·
since i was on a budget it was a little too much to go forge since my mechanic was charging me another $800 to install the pistons and rods.I also went back with the 2.0 because it will give me more top end.
The whole thing cost me about $3000 including labor and cost for tunning.I will have the dyno sheet up today.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.