got retuned @ 334.3 WHP dyno sheet posted - Page 3 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 37 Old 07-05-2009, 08:04 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

boost_556 is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ Rex View Post
What type and heat range plug are you running? 750s are not too big.. but one (or more) could be leaking. Could be a few other things too.. I imagine you have some CELs.. have you checked them?
i have the stock plugs in right now, not seeing any CEL on do i have to go into trouble shooting from my AP to see whats up?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 37 Old 07-05-2009, 08:42 PM
WRXtuners Member

EJ Rex is a helpful contributing member
Send a message via Yahoo to EJ Rex
Quote:
Originally Posted by boost_556 View Post
i have the stock plugs in right now, not seeing any CEL on do i have to go into trouble shooting from my AP to see whats up?
Change those stock plugs out! You need to be running 1 step colder plugs at the very least.. NGK # BKR7E for coppers, or BKR7EIX for iridiums... your tuner should have told you that. If you had any misfires then you probably got the flashing CEL that you can still pull even if the CEL light is not on.. you can use the AP to pull/clear them.

Do that first, then change the plugs (make sure to gap them .028-.030), then drive and see if it still behaves that way. If so, I'd take it back to the tuner and tell him to check your map.

04 SRR WRX 370whp / 401wtq / EJ205
05 PBM GTO 440whp / 470wtq
http://www.youtube.com/user/EJRex
post #33 of 37 Old 07-05-2009, 08:56 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

boost_556 is an unknown
ok will do but what if something is up with my injectors and it mess up my new plugs again?do u think i should still check them as well?
post #34 of 37 Old 07-05-2009, 09:40 PM
WRXtuners Member

EJ Rex is a helpful contributing member
Send a message via Yahoo to EJ Rex
Quote:
Originally Posted by boost_556 View Post
ok will do but what if something is up with my injectors and it mess up my new plugs again?do u think i should still check them as well?
Unlikely, but it's easy to clean a fuel-fouled plug. The iridiums aren't likely to get fouled, and coppers can be cleaned with a little sandpaper and solvent, or since they're only 1.99, just get a new one.
There's not much you can do to check the injectors w/o removing them, so I'd try the plugs and clearing the codes first. Then see your tuner if that doesn't work.. let him figure out the fuel issue.

04 SRR WRX 370whp / 401wtq / EJ205
05 PBM GTO 440whp / 470wtq
http://www.youtube.com/user/EJRex
post #35 of 37 Old 07-05-2009, 10:46 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

boost_556 is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ Rex View Post
Unlikely, but it's easy to clean a fuel-fouled plug. The iridiums aren't likely to get fouled, and coppers can be cleaned with a little sandpaper and solvent, or since they're only 1.99, just get a new one.
There's not much you can do to check the injectors w/o removing them, so I'd try the plugs and clearing the codes first. Then see your tuner if that doesn't work.. let him figure out the fuel issue.
I use the AP to pull the codes but was saying no codes found, so i went to reset ecu and clear codes and that worked, only thing is a little hesitation just before full boost comes in but no more misfiring a lot better so i will get the plugs changed to one step colder iridium
what do u think abt the little hesitation? could be the map he tuned?
thanks very much for your help with this very much appreciated
good looking buddy.
post #36 of 37 Old 07-05-2009, 11:43 PM
WRXtuners Member

baller_v24 is known to be trustworthy and helpful baller_v24 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to baller_v24
I think you still want to data log. What is your A/F ratio after you reset your ecu?

rollin on 17's now and they're dirty
post #37 of 37 Old 07-06-2009, 02:46 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

boost_556 is an unknown
good question i will check it and let you guys know, but i am kind of concern now becuause it seems as though i have to keep reseting my ECU to keep it from misfiring, i do have a knocking in my motor but has been there a long time would this be my problem?
Ok i checked my A/F and is reading very rich 10 when misfiring i will check to see if my BOV is leaking as well.

Last edited by boost_556; 07-07-2009 at 12:19 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement