Subaru WRX Forum banner

got retuned @ 334.3 WHP dyno sheet posted

6K views 36 replies 9 participants last post by  boost_556 
#1 · (Edited)
I finally retuned the car this week and made 334.3 WHP @ 23.9 psi.The car feels great but my only concern is my idle.Dont have any problems when the car is cold, but when it gets warm and i restart the idle dips low and then gradually comes up to where it should , my vacuum pressure when this happen reads like -1 then goes up to -18 to -19.
My A/F also when this happen is like 10 then leans out as the vacuum pressure goes up.
this is the best i can explain the sitaution but i will sure ike some input and suggestions as to whats up with this.Also i will post my dyno sheet so u guys can see that as well and let me know what you think.
thanks

#5 ·
Yeah i will post my dyno sheet later, but these are my mods:
FP18G
DW 750cc
Perrin fuel rail
perrin uppipe
3'' down pipe and catback
Frount mount intercooler
SMC methonal injection
Cobb Access port version2
Blits boost controller
Synapse BOV
K&N short ram intake
perrin inlet hose
Cusco catch can

#11 ·
Not really my buddy has a evo 8 I believe so hes got the 16g which is obviously a smaller turbo, and all he's got done is full exhaust, fuel pump, cams maybe a few other small things and he makes just shy of 350whp although I guess the evo's have a bigger engine

#8 ·
Sounds right to me. I was going to say the same thing until I saw the meth injection. I don't know how it is for the AP, but I had to adjust my zero point column at 0% throttle to correct my idle even after my dynotune. For me, it would want to stall out when the engine was cold.

#12 ·
Evo's are completely different and completely irrelevant to the discussion. For reference, they have 2.0L engines so no, it's not bigger. However, their 16G and what a 16G does on their car vs our 16G and what a 16G does on our car are pretty f-ing different.

#15 ·
ok this was done on dyno dynamics which i heard shows a lower number not sure, i will definitely post my dyno sheets later today for you guys to see, and yeah baller i have to take it easy on the road with my tranny dont wanna go through a forth lol.

#17 ·
That thing does look like it "kicks" pretty dang hard. But nice looking curve. As far as your transmission woes go. I just started talks with 555 Motorsports and their counterpart DS1. They have an in house gear set, stock ratio, helical cut, tested to withstand constant abuse up to 450 ft/lbs for nearly half the price of PPGs. Just a thought for a future mod, lol.

#19 ·
I just started talks with 555 Motorsports and their counterpart DS1. They have an in house gear set, stock ratio, helical cut, tested to withstand constant abuse up to 450 ft/lbs for nearly half the price of PPGs. Just a thought for a future mod, lol.
This is good to know..

Nice numbers man. All things being well executed (launch, shifts, etc) you should run a low 12/high 11. Elevation and temps will affect that estimate.

#18 ·
sounds good i know i will have to upgrade my tranny again but i have to take it easy right now watching my budget already went way over.
Just curious what time should i pull off in the quarter mile with these numbers i know its alot to take into consideration alt, temp, launching etc ?

#22 ·
Been at this power level for a while now and still on my original trans.. the trick is learning how to drive/launch/shift it, and also having a clutch that can take a beating..
Where it's inevitable the trans will fail at higher power levels, these things will help prolong its life.

Still, start putting some money back for an upgrade when you can.. that's what I've done :)

#23 ·
its hard to not wanna go to the drag strip and make a pass especially just after a tune but yeah my transmission is my main concern so have to be very careful
Hey rex you said you are putting down the same power?what times do u run in the quarter mile?

#24 ·
A bit more power actually.. 370whp and 401wtq, but I use a 35hp shot of nitrous to spool my 20G so I get the power sooner. I beat the crap out of my car at the strip, but it's held up well so far.
Best unofficial (my fault I lost the slip) run I've had was an 11.6 @ 121.4mph, but the best documented run I've had is an 11.9 @ 119.8mph.

Keep in mind this is on the stock engine and trans.. but I'm sure I'm at it's limits. Time for some upgrades :cool:

#26 ·
12s is easy.. I was in the 12s with a VF30, STi top mount, and 280whp.. you'll be there even if you don't make a perfect run imo... just get a decent launch..
Good luck with everything. !Thumbs Up

#29 ·
this is not good guys let me know what you think.All was perfect until now, my car is running too rich when boost starts to come in ard 3k and its miss firing like crazy, my A/F is reading 10.00 when this is happening.its feeels as though my plugs are gone but just changed these a few wks ago and also is not idling right when i rev can also smell the extra gas.I have the 750cc DW injectors do u think these are too big for my set up?or my tunner just not tunning them right looks like he has them spraying too mush fuel causing my plugs to die out on me.

#30 ·
What type and heat range plug are you running? 750s are not too big.. but one (or more) could be leaking. Could be a few other things too.. I imagine you have some CELs.. have you checked them?

#34 ·
Unlikely, but it's easy to clean a fuel-fouled plug. The iridiums aren't likely to get fouled, and coppers can be cleaned with a little sandpaper and solvent, or since they're only 1.99, just get a new one.
There's not much you can do to check the injectors w/o removing them, so I'd try the plugs and clearing the codes first. Then see your tuner if that doesn't work.. let him figure out the fuel issue.

#37 · (Edited)
good question i will check it and let you guys know, but i am kind of concern now becuause it seems as though i have to keep reseting my ECU to keep it from misfiring, i do have a knocking in my motor but has been there a long time would this be my problem?
Ok i checked my A/F and is reading very rich 10 when misfiring i will check to see if my BOV is leaking as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.