Got the car dyno tuned - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 05-20-2009, 04:27 PM
WRXtuners Member

DreamEvil is an unknown
Got the car dyno tuned

Hey guys so I just got back from getting my car dyno tuned over at EFI logics and I figured I'd share the gains and what not.

Mod list -
Small 16g
STI pink injectors
STI TMIC
Cobb catback
Dc sports catless up/down pipes
1 stage colder plugs
Free flowing air filter
255 walboro fuel pump

Car is automatic btw

I think that's it

In any rate PreDyno tune I ran as follows
13.6 psi
184wtq
219whp

After Dyno tune
19.4 psi
229wtq
236whp

This was done on a mustang dyno so over all picked up over 5 psi and 45 wtq and 17whp not to bad. I must admit I was a bit I guess disappointed with the numbers since I was expecting a good bit higher but chris reassured me that anything above 230whp on a automatic with this set up is pretty amazing and the gains were very noticeable on the ride home car feels like a totally different car.

Dream Evil
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 05-20-2009, 04:30 PM
WRXtuners Member

basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to basco Send a message via MSN to basco
yeah I was thinking they were a little low until I read you had the 4EAT...that thing really has alot of drivetrain loss...and those are definitely some of the highest numbers i've seen out of an automatic

FP GT35R MoTeC M800 AndrewTech PPG'd Wagon - 513AWHP
06 Mazdaspeed6 280/330
- Matt
#3 Old 05-20-2009, 04:30 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Nice numbers. Your setup is similar to what I have in mind for my 05 auto when Im done with my 07.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#4 Old 05-20-2009, 05:09 PM
WRXtuners Member

DreamEvil is an unknown
Yah at first I was kind of disappointed when I read the numbers but after the drive home I was thoroughly satisfied, Even though the numbers weren't that high the car just felt amazing and had so much more pull to it due to all the gained torque. That's cool that it is some of the highest numbers you've seen out of a auto wrx though I feel special >_< lol

Dream Evil
#5 Old 05-20-2009, 05:21 PM
WRXtuners Member

basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to
yeah I remember when I built my car the first time with the vf34 I was 250whp 250wtq on 18psi it feels incredible compared to stock

06 Mazdaspeed6 280/330
- Matt
#6 Old 05-20-2009, 05:58 PM
WRXtuners Member

DreamEvil is an unknown
Yah sadly I don't remember how stock felt since it was so long ago but I can only imagine how much slower it must have been since it probably since it was auto only put like 160whp down or something like that and now its putting just about 240 down.

Dream Evil
#7 Old 05-21-2009, 01:03 AM
WRXtuners Member

baller_v24 is known to be trustworthy and helpful baller_v24 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to baller_v24
cool man, i hope you enjoy the your newfound power.

rollin on 17's now and they're dirty
#8 Old 05-21-2009, 07:58 AM
WRXtuners Member

oldfartracer is more helpful than not
Just remember that number are numbers. I don't worry about the dyno numbers, I drive the car and see if the power is where it needs to be. Like you stated the drive home felt better, so it was worth the tune. Enjoy
#9 Old 05-21-2009, 11:31 AM
WRXtuners Member

DreamEvil is an unknown
Yah exactly, I mean there isn't much reason to worry about the numbers on the dyno like a buddy said to me had it been on a dynojet/dynopack or w/e I would have probably made closer to 280whp but it doesn't matter what the sheet of paper with numbers say weather it be 240/280 it still feels the same when driving and I think it feels pretty good so I am satisfied.

Dream Evil
#10 Old 05-21-2009, 03:33 PM
WRXtuners Member

blk05WRX is known to be trustworthy and helpful blk05WRX is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Nice numbers. Was this improvement over the Cobb Stage 2 off the shelf map?
#11 Old 05-21-2009, 05:40 PM
WRXtuners Member

Strider327 is on thin ice
That's great numbers. A friend of mine had about 290WHP with an EVO 3 16G ported/38mm EWG. But numbers don't really mean much like most people say. Its the feeling of it.
#12 Old 05-21-2009, 08:10 PM
WRXtuners Member

DreamEvil is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by blk05WRX View Post
Nice numbers. Was this improvement over the Cobb Stage 2 off the shelf map?
Well from stage 2 a insanely large difference, even from the over the counter map I had to run the 16g set up there was huge gains 45tq/20hp

And yes Strider like you said numbers are numbers even the tuner said if I wanted to I could just say like 270/260 or 280/270 since that what it would probably have on a dynojet/dynopack but I figure any one who knows about tuning the cars and dynos all I need to really say is 240/230 on a mustang dyno and they will know its alot lower reading then the others even though its probably more accurate. Over all though I am so glad I had it dyno tuned and heavily recommend everyone who can using chris over at efi logics on Connecticut hes a great tuner and worked magic with my car thing flys now.

Dream Evil
#13 Old 05-21-2009, 09:31 PM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
Out of curiosity, how does one dyno an automatic WRX? Like, for instance, a 5-speed manual WRX typically does a dyno pull in 3rd gear to redline... so, do you manually shift through the auto's gears - 1, 2, D - and do the pull in 2 or what? It just boggles my mind. How is it done?!

John
07 WRX
#14 Old 05-21-2009, 09:48 PM
WRXtuners Member

theres alot of ways...it all depends on the dyno operator...but the most common way ive seen is they manually put it into a gear...but ive also seen it where they get the car into 2nd gear then just floor it

06 Mazdaspeed6 280/330
- Matt
#15 Old 05-21-2009, 10:55 PM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
If the tuner floors it in second, does the equipment just stop automatically when the car shifts to third, does the tuner let off after it shifts, or does he/she keep the pedal to the metal until it almost tops out? Are there any female tuners? Hmm...

John
07 WRX