Going Stg 2 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 03-15-2008, 01:02 PM
WRXtuners Member

tom_noland is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to tom_noland Send a message via Yahoo to tom_noland
Going Stg 2

I was wondering about the metal gaskets for the Dp. Are they important to replace when putting a used Dp in?

Tom
'05 WRX Wagon (RIP)
Cobb AP Stg 2

RIP baby....Here I come STi.
Stupid deer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 03-15-2008, 01:14 PM
WRXtuners Member

Longshot is a helpful contributing member
Send a message via AIM to Longshot
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom_noland View Post
I was wondering about the metal gaskets for the Dp. Are they important to replace when putting a used Dp in?
Yes sir you should always use new oem gaskets (can get them just about any suby parts webite or the dealer). Get the 5 bolt gasket for the DP-Turbo connection and a 3 inch two bolt donut gasket for the DP-Midpipe connection.

Mike
DTRacing Tuned
#3 Old 03-15-2008, 04:00 PM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
Some people will say it's ok to use the one you already have on your car. Some people will say it's a good idea to get a new one. Personally, I bought a new one when I put my aftermarket downpipe on my 07 WRX with 11,000 miles (give or take) since the gasket looks like it's layered and it crushes slightly when torqued. I'm a believer that it's always a good idea to use new gaskets. Besides, it's not terribly expensive. What do you have to loose, besides possibly an annoying leak?

John
07 WRX
#4 Old 03-15-2008, 06:34 PM
WRXtuners Member

zmanoside is a helpful contributing member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longshot View Post
Yes sir you should always use new oem gaskets (can get them just about any suby parts webite or the dealer). Get the 5 bolt gasket for the DP-Turbo connection and a 3 inch two bolt donut gasket for the DP-Midpipe connection.
Correct me if I'm wrong but it depends on what DP you are putting in. I'm pretty sure the Cobb DP uses the OEM donut gasket, but I have an Invidia DP that came with a flat gasket that I used....so it depends on your setup...but all in all yes replace the gaskets, might as well since u r in there anyway. Z

12.7 @ 109
#5 Old 03-15-2008, 08:09 PM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
Friendly correction: the Cobb downpipe is cleverly designed to use either a factory-style donut gasket or a 3 inch, 2 bolt flat gasket to accomodate almost every different type of cat back on the market for our cars or the stock one. ...the APS 3.5 inch cat back might be an exception

John
07 WRX
#6 Old 03-16-2008, 07:29 PM
WRXtuners Member

tom_noland is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to tom_noland Send a message via Yahoo to tom_noland
All done with the install. We swapped and everything came out fine. I didn't get the chance to gut the up-pipe soi am takig it easy oh her til' I do. Unless i dont have too. From everything i have read you need to replace the up or gut it.

Tom
'05 WRX Wagon (RIP)
Cobb AP Stg 2

RIP baby....Here I come STi.
Stupid deer.