GFB Stealth BOV - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 11-17-2005, 10:18 PM
WRXtuners Member

KritiKaL is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to KritiKaL
GFB Stealth BOV

Curious is anyone has any experience with one(performance and sound)...i'm interested in the fact that the venting is adjustable, but would also like one that's actually somewhat loud. I can get one of these at a pretty cheap price through "a friend". if someone has a link of what one sounds liek that would be awesome, i havn't been able to find one in the forums as of yet. Thanks a lot
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 11-18-2005, 11:16 AM
WRXtuners Member

dannyv is an unknown
Get the WRX Hybrid from Go Fast Bits. It'll give you the sound you crave and keep your car running well. Make sure and run it 50/50 and not 100% atmospheric.
#3 Old 11-18-2005, 11:35 AM
WRXtuners Member

Nose Nuggets is known to be trustworthy and helpful Nose Nuggets is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Excuse my ignorance but, what it the purpose of a stealth BOV? Being that there is no sort of benefit or practical application having a BOV, and the entire purpose of a BOV is the sound it makes, its seems absolutely useless.
#4 Old 11-18-2005, 11:50 AM
WRXtuners Member

KritiKaL is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to KritiKaL
it's called the "stealth" BOV cause you have the option to adjust it from 100% atmospheric and loud, to 100% back through the intake and "stealth", to any point in between. The advantage to this particular one is it is infinately adjustable, rather than just 100% or 50/50...at least this is my understanding, wich is why i am trying to get an opinion from someone who has one....and liek i said i can a new one for dirt cheap, so as of now i'm figuring why not??

http://www.gofastbits.com.au/index.p...ion=stealth_fx
#5 Old 11-18-2005, 11:55 AM
WRXtuners Member

DEMENTED is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by KritiKaL
lol...i completely agree, but liek i said, i enjoy the sound and my buddy can get me one dirt cheap so i figure why the hell not
its definitely your preference... i dont see the need to get one right now, but i do enjoy the sound as well. hehe
#6 Old 11-18-2005, 12:02 PM
WRXtuners Member

dannyv is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by KritiKaL
it's called the "stealth" BOV cause you have the option to adjust it from 100% atmospheric and loud, to 100% back through the intake and "stealth", to any point in between. The advantage to this particular one is it is infinately adjustable, rather than just 100% or 50/50...at least this is my understanding, wich is why i am trying to get an opinion from someone who has one....and liek i said i can a new one for dirt cheap, so as of now i'm figuring why not??
Yes but the WRX Hybrid from them will work w/o the need for any adapters and if I were you I'd run it 50/50 as running it above that will probably cause detonation and well if you want to run it 100% recirc then leave the stock one on and save $