fuel pump installation - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 Old 04-12-2007, 09:06 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

imprez_tion is an unknown
fuel pump installation

i have a questions about where the fuel pump is on my 03 wrx. i havent' had the time to look around my car, so i'm not too sure where it is exectly. i'm doing a fuel pump, fuel injector and reflash ecu this weekend and i just hoping someone can point to where the fuelp pump is at. i'm not sure if i have to take the fuel take out like my accord or like the eclipes which is under the rear passenger sets. need help. please be simple and persist. thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 Old 04-12-2007, 11:10 AM
WRXpert

nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to
its right next to your turn signal fliud. the fuel pump is in the tank and no you dont have to drain it. I know that the wagon does not require the removal of the back seat, not sure about the sedan.
post #3 of 20 Old 04-12-2007, 06:52 PM
WRXtuners Member

wrx3r is more helpful than not
all you got to do is take of the back seat and its on the passenger side.... basically use your imagination from there....

bigger and better than ever
post #4 of 20 Old 04-13-2007, 08:43 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

thanks, i'll get to it tomorrow. and maybe i'll take some pictures and post on how to install them or something. if i can figure how to attach pictures on the forums.
post #5 of 20 Old 04-15-2007, 01:00 AM
WRXtuners Member

Mad Mordigan is an unknown
When i installed mine i had to take out the whole back seat. It was easier to install the pump that way.
post #6 of 20 Old 04-15-2007, 01:38 AM
WRXtuners Member

WReXd is known to be trustworthy and helpful WReXd is known to be trustworthy and helpful WReXd is known to be trustworthy and helpful
there are directions at scoobymods.com. don't try doing it without taking out the back seat, it's a pain to wiggle the assembly out.
post #7 of 20 Old 04-24-2007, 09:39 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

well, i finished my installation of my fuel pump and injectors. the fuel pump was easy but i did screw up when i tried to install it. instead of taking the fuel pump out i end up taking the fuel meter out instead, then i did the fuel pump. i was working on the wrong side but end up getting it right. but the fuel injectors were a bitch tho. cause i didnt buy the sti pink injectors and bought helix 660cc injectors instead because i figure i'll do more up grade later on the yrs. so the 660cc injectors are a better choice to me. the helix injectors are about 1/4 in. longer than the stock injectors so it was kind of hard to instaled. the injectors came with 4 new bolts and a spacer to compensate for the exact length. so then i had to pull the fuel line out more and that was a bitch to get at it. after installing it, one of the injector was leaking. so i redid the installation and it worked fine. then cam the reflash. i bought a map from xpt, XPT Stage 2.5 VF39 MY03 WRX, for $52. but the settings was off a bit due to the injectors. it didnt really feel right, not giving enough power, i only reflash with that map so i can run my car. then i email xpt back for the right settings and they sent me the settings. i reflash my ecu with the right settings and boy does it make a difference. the car pull like carzy with my set up. vf39, ebay tbe, 255 walbro fuel pump, and helix 660cc injectors and the reflash map from xpt.
last yrs. when my wrx was still stock, it test drive one of the guy i knew wrx, with set up vf34, pink sti injector, helix tbe, not sure which fuel pump, and reflash. that pulled like crazy. i love the power his car has. my hp and touqe isn't that different from his but i'm not sure. but it seem to pull a bit less than his, but it still pull crazily. and I'M LOVING IT.
i have pictures of the installation of the fuel pump and injectors so if anyone need a walk through, reply to this forum and i'll post up the walk through. but i dont know how to attach pictures so someone will have to help me there.
post #8 of 20 Old 05-23-2007, 06:39 PM
WRXtuners Member

BithellWgn06 is an unknown
Nevermind. problem solved!

BJJ for the win!
post #9 of 20 Old 06-07-2007, 09:17 PM
WRXtuners Member

awdturb is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to awdturb
im gettin a new fuel pump. im getting then Walbro 255 with Install Kit. there is a HP and a LPH. are there any differances??
post #10 of 20 Old 06-07-2007, 09:23 PM
WRXtuners Member

Jave is more helpful than not
LPH is usually liters per hour not sure on the HP. if you buy a kit from a suby vendor like JSCspeed or scoobytuner you will get the right one regaurdless though

▼SbiΣ Mi▼
post #11 of 20 Old 06-07-2007, 09:24 PM
WRXtuners Member

awdturb is an unknown
also im gettin the aeromotive RR fuel pressure reg. and i want to do all an fittings and stainless braid starting at the factory blue and grey hoses (send and return) do i need -6 or -10???
post #12 of 20 Old 06-07-2007, 09:30 PM
WRXtuners Member

awdturb is an unknown
damn i should have made this one post, im sorry. its a RR but its also adjustable so im guessing that when i get it in the box it will come unadjusted..i ordered it with a gauge so what should i set it at as a base????
post #13 of 20 Old 06-08-2007, 05:41 PM
WRXtuners Member

awdturb is an unknown
no one knows??? anyone??
post #14 of 20 Old 06-09-2007, 01:50 AM
WRXtuners Member

imbeterthanu is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to imbeterthanu
like the LPH is adjustable?

▼SbiΣ Mi▼
mike
post #15 of 20 Old 06-09-2007, 08:26 AM
WRXpert

dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention
Quote:
Originally Posted by awdturb View Post
also im gettin the aeromotive RR fuel pressure reg. and i want to do all an fittings and stainless braid starting at the factory blue and grey hoses (send and return) do i need -6 or -10???
Base pressure is 43psi with the vac line unhooked.I didn't realize the factory fuel lines used AN fittings.I thought they were just barbed/flared and used fuel line clamps.At least the 02-03's do.

Homebrewed tuned with Opensource!