fuel pressure regulator question - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 02-24-2006, 01:25 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

on point is an unknown
fuel pressure regulator question

i have many upgraded parts and will be getting my car dyno tuned in the spring, my question is what should i do about a fuel pressure regulator. i have perrin fuel rails (not installed of course). how much power will the stock reg support? should i get a universal or app. spec. reg. ? when i was pricing rails i noticed that mrt rails come with an "extra fpr", whats up with that ? basicly ive got everything covered but the fpr. open to all opinions and ideas.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 02-24-2006, 03:01 AM
WRXtuners Member

9d2TSi is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to 9d2TSi Send a message via MSN to 9d2TSi
I'm not familiar with MRT parts, but as far as afpr's go, I'd tell you to go Aeromotive. I've always had really good luck with them.

My car is well, it's like 10 lbs of shit in a 5 lb bag...

<------ Click to see what I'm workin' with. ;)
post #3 of 4 Old 02-24-2006, 09:48 AM
WRXpert

dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention
Quote:
Originally Posted by on point
i have many upgraded parts and will be getting my car dyno tuned in the spring, my question is what should i do about a fuel pressure regulator. i have perrin fuel rails (not installed of course). how much power will the stock reg support? should i get a universal or app. spec. reg. ? when i was pricing rails i noticed that mrt rails come with an "extra fpr", whats up with that ? basicly ive got everything covered but the fpr. open to all opinions and ideas.
They make two kits.A single regulator(series setup) or a twin regulator(parallel set up).The factory setup is in series.The fuel enters on rail feed those injectors first and then exits and goes to the second rail with the regulator.On a parallel set up each rail is fed independently and has its own return lines requiring of course two regulators.Much better set up for equal fuel distribution but not necessary until you go to much bigger injectors.One thing though.I don't believe the MRT kit comes with fuel lines like the other kits.
post #4 of 4 Old 02-27-2006, 09:30 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

on point is an unknown
fuel pressure regulator question

does anyone have an opinion on which model number aeromotive fuel presssure regulator works best with the EJ20T??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement