fc735 is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to fc735
there ya go..i fixed your spelling...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 09-26-2003, 09:16 PM
WRXtuners Member

wrxneffect is an unknown
I have no problem with the 3/16 mod. I did an ecu reset and havent had any problems with spiking. But others have so have a boost guage if you're gonna do it. What I did was seal off the snorkus where it meets the resonator. It looks stock and doesn't pull in hot air from the radiator.

You can gut the up-pipe easily but the downpipe is a different story. You have to cut it in half to gut it, then weld it back together. In the end you'll end up spending as much as buying a cheap dp.
Marcel
#33 Old 10-29-2003, 09:26 PM
WRXpert

renichms is known to be trustworthy and helpful renichms is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Been looking at numbers people brought up in places on removing the intake resonator and even visited the links provided. However, pictures are absolutely minimal and saying to "remove the rectangular thingy" just doesn't cut it. Are there any decent instructions out there?

RN
#34 Old 10-29-2003, 09:37 PM
WRXtuners Member

TheRex is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to TheRex
there are two "gold" bolts to undo. one by the whole where the "ram air" goes to, and one under the front side fender. then you just pull it out.
#35 Old 10-29-2003, 11:41 PM
WRXtuners Member

RexRckt is an unknown
I installed an AEM shortram and I still remember pulling that thing out of the fender well; no kidding, that thing was HUGE!!!! I had no idea they could stick so much plastic in there.

NOTE: There is another screw that's holding the resonator in place other than the one visible in the engine compartment by the air box. I found out the hard way after yanking and pulling the resonator for about 15 minutes.
#36 Old 10-30-2003, 12:50 AM
WRXtuners Member

kaoticsp is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to kaoticsp
i did the same thing. after yanking on the resonator for about 20 minutes and getting pissed at my car, I realized there was another bolt in there. sucky part was i didn't have the right size wrench to remove it. since it was hidden i had to ghetto rig another wrench without looking and remove it. WHEW!