Fmic, -hp? - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 09-25-2003, 08:33 PM
WRXtuners Member

kylo19 is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to kylo19
Lightbulb Fmic, -hp?

Well i just wanna to Know how much power i would lose if i got a fmic without an upgraded turbo cause it looks SOOOOOOO nice but im performance oriented and ......i da know......... I know the turbo would come only about a month after but im just curious. since im just getting my liscence i would hate to be driving around with a wrx -40 hp or some outlandish number like that. Oh and the lag too will it be bad cause of so much extra piping?
Thnx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 09-25-2003, 08:35 PM
WRXtuners Member

Tut4u2 is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to Tut4u2
Yeah turbo lag will be bad since the air needs to travel through more piping. Dont know bout the HP though sorry. You will also lose torque.

Che
#3 Old 09-25-2003, 09:36 PM
WRXtuners Member

TheRex is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to TheRex
you are better off upgrading your turbo and leaving the stock intercooler than you are upgrading your intercooler and keeping your stock turbo
#4 Old 09-26-2003, 08:22 AM
WRXtuners Member

Cosmo is known to be trustworthy and helpful Cosmo is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via AIM to Cosmo
Well, you can't run much of a bigger turbo with the stock IC. As for power loss, I think it's greatly exaggerated. Joey (fc735) drove around with his stock turbo and a TurboXS FMIC until he got his VF22, and there was very little lag, and a noticable increase in power. Of course, he was running 18psi....
#5 Old 09-26-2003, 09:07 PM
WRXtuners Member

wrxneffect is an unknown
I have a turboxs fmic. I haven't had any power loss OR big increase in lag. I have about 300rpm more lag. It pulls the same as stock up to 4000rpm. From 4000 on up it pulls a lot harder.
Marcel
#6 Old 09-26-2003, 09:17 PM
WRXtuners Member

TheRex is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to TheRex
Quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
Well, you can't run much of a bigger turbo with the stock IC. As for power loss, I think it's greatly exaggerated. Joey (fc735) drove around with his stock turbo and a TurboXS FMIC until he got his VF22, and there was very little lag, and a noticable increase in power. Of course, he was running 18psi....
i know more than a few people running aftermarket turbo's with the stock IC and putting out quite a bit of power....now im positive they arent putting out as much as they could be, but just the same
#7 Old 09-27-2003, 07:28 PM
WRXtuners Member

fc735 is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to fc735
yeah...it wasnt bad at all with the stock turbo...but to get over 11psi of boost, ou will need to use a MBC...the stock Boost solenoid doesnt flow enough to bleed off the pressure, the wastegate has a higher opening pressure then the VF series....long detailed explination i got from Phil at TXS....they are very good!!
#8 Old 09-28-2003, 12:17 PM
WRXtuners Member

BlueDemon is known to be trustworthy and helpful BlueDemon is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via AIM to BlueDemon
Quote:
Originally posted by TheRex

i know more than a few people running aftermarket turbo's with the stock IC and putting out quite a bit of power....now im positive they arent putting out as much as they could be, but just the same
I'm one of em...

Blue