fmic dilema - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 12-08-2005, 10:40 PM
WRXtuners Member

awdturbo04 is an unknown
fmic dilema

hey guys its ben a while. Got cought up in street bikes for a bit there but now my funds are off to the suby again. So here is my problem. I made my christmas list for santa and sent it away to my hook up man it got returned with some info that is making me think long and hard about which intercooler to mate up to my vf-22. I initially wanted to go with the perrin fmic but my dealear said that he can hook me up with the turbo xs for a great price. I also ordered the perrin inlet perrin intake turbo xs bosh tuner turbo xs race pipe and got a free hardware kit caus my dough nut gasket burned out. I got the intake stuff in blue and blue seems to be the theme in my engine so I would like to stick with blue cuplers.
perrin pros
1. better finish
2. bigger
3. looks good with the charge speed v2 wide body which is next to be ordered
cons
1. you have to buy T-clamps to upgrade from the original clamps which do slip and break
2. you have to upgrade to blue couplers
3. costs me 1080 plus shipping

turbo xs pros
1. cheeper 899.00 shipped
2. comes with a bov even though i already have a forge and a worx and an adapter that will make them fit on this intercooler ( I actually have a slightley damaged aps dr-500 intercooler in my garage that i steal parts off of)
3.comes with T-clamps
4. comes with blue couplers
5. lighter
cons
1. finish is not as nice
2. i have no idea what it looks like inside the V2 front bumper
3. smaller even though both aplications are over kill

sooooo what do you guys think. Given the circumstances what would you guys do in this position. Also any pics of the turbo xs intercooler would be apreciated. Ive seeen most of them but have faild to find a pic of it with the V2 bumper.

thanks Nick
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 12-09-2005, 08:26 AM
WRXtuners Member

dopekidz is an unknown
i got the perrin fmic on my car and overall i was pretty happy with the ending result...the only beef that i had was that for the return piping that goes back to the manifold, i had to get a longer silicone sleeve cause the pipe slipped off twice...other than that everything else fell into place...also i had to cut alot away from my front bumper but it turned out pretty good...i'm not to sure how good the turboxs fmic is though...