Subaru WRX Forum banner

first mods for 02 wrx

6K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  black beast2 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I'm new to the Subaru modification world, I plan on buy a stock 02 wrx, what mods should i start with, I don't really plan on upgrading a turbo anytime soon, and want it to be my reliable dd.

#9 ·
wrx3r said:
ensure maint is up to date, check brakes, and then drive it for 1000 miles to make sure there are not kinks to be found.

after that i would suggest...
1- down pipe + exhaust
2- up pipe
3- and top it off with a tune

DO NOT go and buy a cold air intake and blow off valve.
You kids make me proud.;)

#3 ·
ensure maint is up to date, check brakes, and then drive it for 1000 miles to make sure there are not kinks to be found.

after that i would suggest...
1- down pipe + exhaust
2- up pipe
3- and top it off with a tune

DO NOT go and buy a cold air intake and blow off valve.

#6 ·
main reason is a BPV differs from a BOV. stock BPV recirc air back into the motor, while BOV vents out. your cars ecu relies on this air to be put back into the scheme of things, not vented in a ppppssssttt fashion under the hood.

that being said the stock BPV is typically good for most minor turbo upgrades. once you start getting into higher boost, you will likely need to go aftermarket BOV. At which point your tuner can/will adjust accordingly.

#7 ·
If you really can't live without the sound the grab one of thoes fake electronic ones that all the ricers put on their NA hondas. Basically just a speaker under the hood that makes the pffftt sound, all the cop grabbing attention with none of the draw backs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.